View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #24
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Could you imagine the shitstorm if they removed Booker and Byron from their positions? Or do you think people would be able to understand that it is totally a question of quality (or lack thereof) and nothing to do with ethnicity?
Now that you've mentioned it, ethnicity did not enter my head as I was typing my last post but now I can see that it would cause problems if it were to happen.

I don't usually venture into this kind of area as it mostly always starts arguments, but these days, it feels like you've got to have someone who isn't white involved and/or a woman and if you don't, then you're wrong and in some cases, a piece of shit.

A recent example of this was at the Golden Globes last week when Natalie Portman said "And here are the all-male nominees". It's stuff like that that makes big names/companies shit themselves and add non-whites/women to things regardless if they're good for the job or not, because if they didn't, their name/brand would get savaged.

If we stay with the nomination thing as an example, if a woman was added to that list for equality reasons and the guys at the Golden Globes were asked why she was added, they can't say "Because she's a woman" because there would be outrage that she's a token nominee, but if she was added because she was good but didn't win, there would still be outrage that she didn't win and claims of "she didn't win because she's a woman" would surface and so on.

Natalie Portman doesn't seem to realise that maybe this year there were no female directors that were good enough to fill the five spaces. They were the five best directors according the the Golden Globes and for all we know, the sixth best could have been a woman.

It's getting to the point now that white people are being told/forced to feel bad for being white and men for being men. God help you if you're a white man.

It's all getting a big ridiculous now. We should all just chill out.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote