View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #43582
rob11

rob11 is a chill bro (7,500+)rob11 is a chill bro (7,500+)rob11 is a chill bro (7,500+)rob11 is a chill bro (7,500+)rob11 is a chill bro (7,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
The Attitude Era for all intents and purposes died at WM17, although you can make the argument that everything from WM17 through to the start of the brand split was still part of it to an extent. I think WWE themselves even say it ran through 2002, they continued using the Attitude branding in the show intros right up until the day Vince uttered the words "Ruthless Aggression".

But still, it's been at least 16 years ago that it ended. Rapidly approaching 2 decades. And yet we still have Triple H and The Undertaker in prime Mania slots every year.
To me The Attitude Era went from WM14 to WM17. The New Generation Era ended at Survivor Series 96. From 96-98 I always think of it as The Pre-Attitude Era where things slowly were setting up for it. After 17, WCW was gone, and Austin turned heel. Once Austin turned, it was over. Between WM17, and the invasion, there were some PPV's with great matches. They had a very deep roster. The Angle vs Benoit feud was amazing.

They never built anyone up after Cena except for Roman so this is what they get. They have to rely on guys way past their prime.
rob11 is offline   Reply With Quote