Thread: Cena/Taker
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Cena/Taker

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to predict this match is going to happen at WM this year. Now a few years ago, Cena/Taker was projected to go at Mania and I think that year Cena went with Rusev and Taker with Bray. There was a lot of reason to have the bout that year, now that Taker has had two supposed retirements he seems to return yet again for another run at the show of shows.

Cena/Taker is the match if Taker has to have a match. My question is twofold, one how do you feel about it? Would you prefer, or can you suggest a better story for either, and also who do you think should win?

For me I'm kind of nonchalant about the direction of WWE right now, I don't watch the weekly shows just the Network exclusives, so I really don't care. But I am a lifelong WWE fan and lifelong Taker fan, so it is a matter of importance to me. He's legend will never be diminished but it also will never be the legend it could have been had they held the streak in tact to this point. I do wish WWE never put themselves in the position where Lesnar taking the streak made sense. But they did, so we are here.

Cena/Taker is a match I've wanted to see, it makes sense, especially if they can build some kind of shoot style tension in the build.

But who should win? Obviously the guy who is staying in the territory, but wouldn't also be pretty cool if Taker ducked out on a huge huge win? I think so. I don't see the John Wayne of WWE going out without a loss but I do think it could add some magic to his legend as the years pass by. Also this program could easily be the launching pad for the long desired Cena heel run we've all wanted for 10 years.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote