View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #37352
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Reddit Guy
Quote:
Jericho on Metal Injection’s Squared Circle Pit podcast:

“Jimmy's good and if I was there I would've tried to help him out, but it's not the smartest of moves. If I work at McDonalds and post a picture of me hanging out with guys from Wendy's and hashtag 'Wendy's is great', McDonalds might not be too happy about it - so you can’t just say it’s the [wrestling] business.

I think Jimmy's a smart guy and maybe wouldn't surprise me if he knew something was going to happen. Maybe he was getting sick of it, I don't know. I just know as soon as I saw that picture, I was just like 'ooof,' with the hashtag ’BCInvasion' or ‘YBInvasion’ or whatever it was - you can't do that, man. I mean, you can't.

Was it a fireable offense? Well, it's not my decision, obviously Vince thought it was, which tells me there was probably some other stuff going on and that was the final straw.”

“And I will say this, last year, 2016... Jimmy Jacobs was my co-writer on all of it. All of it! And the weeks he wasn't there I was like 'Ah f***, I don't like this, I want Jimmy here.' So he's very talented, and he really got me. I worked with him a few times and I went to [head writer] Dave Kapoor, ‘I want Scoville’, which is his real name, Chris Scoville, ‘on every Jericho promo. No one else.’ Because that's how much I trusted his talent, his instincts.”

Last edited by Ultra Mantis; 10-17-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote