View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #697
VonErichLives
DU's illegitimate brother

VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A
Because he is an arrogant piece of shit and acts like a gigantic asshole everytime I see him anywhere. The whole Mangini handshake thing really annoyed me and the subsequent one where he sarcastically hugged him made me want to smash his face. Just his mannerisms and attitude in general. Obviously me being a Jets fan makes it easier to hate him but I would definitely hate him regardless.
I guess we just see him more and he doesn't always act like that. He took the Mangini to the Jets personal, might have had something to do with Belicheck's fall out with the Jets or I believe Belicheck gave Mangini his first job in football (ball boy) and when he made him the DC most people thought Mangini wasn't ready and Belicheck gave him the job.

Anyway, most succesful coach's or even people in general are arrogant to some extent... they did a Bill Belicheck v. Red Auerbach comparison the other day on how they did things.

I don't hate the Jets, never had... Dolphins were the team that always drove me nuts cause the Pats could never beat them down there (till 1985 playoffs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Wooo...glad the Pats are losing a pick...but they still have the Niners 1st rounder so it doesn't really matter. But this just makes you wonder how often they cheated..and in which games. They will still make the playoffs..and espn will bleed this story until it bleeds some more during superbowl week when the Pats make it.
I'm wondering which pick they lose and how they decide it.

Also, just to clarify one last time, they only broke a rule once, before this season it was legal to tape whatever you wanted and ESPN had someone saying the Broncos were known to do it...

All this means is the Pats will do like other teams and rely on lip readers and people with binoculars focused on the coaches... well, most teams except the Colts because they're girl scouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Yea Joey Porter made some negative comments, watching on espn, among others.
yeah, but to be fair these are the same Steelers who claim they were better then the Patriots every time they lost to them, Hines Ward is convinced the Pats somehow stole the offensive signals even though thouse are radio'd in, and things like Troy Browns Punt Return which I don't see how they could have "made" that happen. Heck, Bettis book he barely talks about the Pats games and when he was asked about it "well, I wanted to talk about things that were important to me, and that AFC championship game wasn't that important because even though we lost I know we were a better team".