View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #1354
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Braun's Words of Wisdom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oBSERVER
The WWE's television ratings momentum continues to be positive as last night's Raw did 3.16 million viewers, the best number since the April 17th show which was the superstar shakeup episode, and a show that had far more reasons to do big numbers ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.19 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.28 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.02 million viewers
Still can't beat the Ghost of Nitro, Love & Hip Hop for the #1 ranking spot. WWE has a few more weeks to build up a buffer before the begin of the NFL season onslaught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All four Broken Universe-related trademarks that TNA Entertainment (now Global Force Wrestling) filed for registration have been given an initial refusal by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The "Broken Matt" trademark was refused for various reasons. The primary reason given was likely confusion with Matt Hardy's own filing for a 'Broken Matt Hardy' trademark, which Hardy filed first ...

The "Brother Nero" trademark was refused because GFW needed to indicate whether it identifies a living person, and if it does they would need Jeff Hardy's consent. Nero is Jeff Hardy's legitimate middle name.

The "Broken Brillance" trademark was refused because GFW must specify whether "Broken Brillance" has any significance in professional wrestling or whether it's just a "term of art" in the wrestling industry.

The trademark for "Vanguard1" was refused due to likely confusion with a non wrestling-related trademark.

It was also noted that all four trademarks were also refused because it was ruled that the wordings used for identification and classification of goods and services in the initial filing were too broad, thus the USPTO ruled those filings needed additional clarification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
ROH issued a correction on yesterday's announcement about Kenny Omega wrestling at Global Wars, saying that there's no confirmation that Omega will be defending his IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship on October 15th in Chicago.
Link to the previous announcement: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/...chicago-240231

Quote:
Hiromu Takahashi commented on Bad Luck Fale ripping up Daryl (Takahashi's stuffed cat): "Do you find that kind of thing fun? Is it a joke to you? You see that kind of thing, laugh along, hahaha? Because if you do, I'm sorry, I want nothing to do with you. I have no room for cruel, barbaric people in my life. If you got caught up in all that, if you sick people enjoyed that, then please forget about me, and forget about poor Daryl. If you truly love me and Daryl, then I'm here for you."
Link to the comments: https://www.njpw1972.com/card_result/11401

Quote:
With the status of WWE's plans in the United Kingdom still undefined, Pete Dunne hasn't had a ton of opportunities to defend his UK Championship since winning it at TakeOver: Chicago.

His first defenses came at NXT's house shows at Download Festival in June, then he defeated Trent Seven, Wolfgang, and BT Gunn to retain the title in ICW last Saturday. Next, he'll be putting it on the line when PROGRESS Wrestling comes to New York later this month.

PROGRESS announced yesterday that Jack Gallagher would return to the promotion to challenge Dunne for the WWE UK title at their show in New York on August 12th. It will be the second time that the championship has been defended in PROGRESS, with Tyler Bate having previously retained against Mark Andrews over WrestleMania 33 weekend in Orlando.

WWE also posted a story about the Dunne vs. Gallagher UK title match on their website.

Like with the UK plans, WWE has yet to officially reveal any updates about PROGRESS and ICW events being shown on the Network, but Dunne's title defenses are proof that the relationship between the companies remains strong.
Link to the announcement: https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/...25446007406596

Quote:
In addition to the Pete Dunne vs. Jack Gallagher WWE UK title match, Trent Seven & Tyler Bate will defend their PROGRESS tag titles against Travis Banks & TK Cooper (w/ Dahlia Black) at PROGRESS NYC on August 12th.
Quote:
TMZ had a report on Chris Jericho in an incident after his Friday night tribute concert for the late musician David Z. The report said that a lot of people were approaching Jericho for autographs, he was signing, then he wanted to leave and got frustrated and told people he wanted to leave. One person started yelling at him and then they started swearing back-and-forth which was taped and the video is available on the TMZ site. Jericho issued an apology for his actions saying, "David Z was a good friend of mine and I was mentally and emotionally shattered after paying tribute to him and essentially saying goodbye to him Friday night. I was not in a good state of mind at that time and instead of ignoring a pushy (aka rude) fan, which is what I would usually do, I snapped. My apologizes to all involved and God bless David Z."
Quote:
WWE and Mattel have come to terms on a new deal that leaves Mattel as the exclusive toy licensee in the U.S. through 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Kairi Sane is currently on the injured list after the recent WWE signee sustained a concussion during the Mae Young Classic tapings.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the wrestler formerly known as Kairi Hojo is also dealing with some neck pain … but officials expect her to be cleared for return in early August.

It’s unclear which match the injury occurred during, or how exactly it went down.

SPOILER: show
Because officials have been told Kairi will get the green-light next month, the injury shouldn’t stop her from wrestling in September at the MYC finals in Las Vegas.
Spoilers related to Mae Young Classic Tournament.

Quote:
John Cena has booked his next movie role, and it appears to be his biggest yet.

The Hollywood Reporter revealed today that Cena would be playing a lead role in "Bumblebee." The film is a spinoff of the Transformers franchise and will be directed by Travis Knight, with Cena starring alongside actress Hailee Steinfeld.

Cena wrote about the news on Twitter: "One of the most exciting projects I've been fortunate to be a part of. Thrilled to join the #Transformers franchise!" Details of his role haven't been announced yet.

In the Hollywood Reporter article, it's noted that Paramount Studios hopes that "Bumblebee" will be the first in more prequels and offshoots of the Transformers series. The film will be set in 1987 and the plot is described as: "Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small California beach town. Charlie (Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug."

Production started today and the film is scheduled to be released on December 21st, 2018.

How this will affect Cena's WWE schedule isn't known, though he's advertised for both SummerSlam in August and No Mercy in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced a number of new additions for the WWE Network this morning.

There will be a new Table for 3 next Monday featuring Sean Waltman, Diamond Dallas Page, and Scott Hall. The following Monday will see the debut of another Table for 3 episode featuring the incredible trio of former NWA World champions and WWE Hall of Famers Sting, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat.

WWE also pushed a new episode of Bring it to The Table, The Mae Young Classic, Summerslam and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.

WWE will also be adding a Kurt Angle Network Collection as well as their third wave of "Hidden Gems."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE filed for a trademark on the term "3:16" on 7/26 for merchandising purposes, specifically releasing t-shirts with different cities (such as the Los Angeles 3:16 shirt that was sold at the last Raw taping there.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
It would appear that Brandi Rhodes is gone from Global Force Wrestling.

The promotion recently updated its roster section on ImpactWrestling.com and she is no longer listed as an active Knockout. She is also not listed in the Alumni section since her profile was deleted altogether.

Rhodes has not addressed her status with Global Force Wrestling.

Rhodes, who joined the promotion last September, was last seen on Impact Wrestling in April, competing in a Knockouts #1 Contender Gauntlet Battle Royal.

Rhodes is now wrestling for Ring of Honor's Women of Honor Division. She made her ROH debut last Saturday at a television taping in Concord, North Carolina, where she teamed up with Sumie Sakai against Mandy Leon and Jenny Rose.
Quote:
The legendary Terry Funk has not wrestled his last match.

Funk, now 73, is advertised to wrestle on Sept. 23 for Big Time Wrestling in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

For the first time ever, Funk will team with The Rock N' Roll Express, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. Their opponents in a six-man tag team match are Jerry "The King" Lawler, Doug Gilbert and Brian Christopher.

According to PWInsider.com, Funk has not made any wrestling-related appearances since last September when health issues forced him to leave a wrestling show early.
Quote:
John Cena's days as a member of the blue brand appear to be coming to an end, at least for the immediate future.

We mentioned over the weekend that Cena, who is currently billed as "a free agent," is scheduled for his first RAW pay-per-view since the Draft last year with WWE No Mercy at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, September 24th. Cena will actually stop working SmackDown televised events with the SummerSlam go-home show on Tuesday, August 15th. After that, he is only scheduled to work Monday Night RAW tapings and RAW pay-per-views.

As for live events, Cena is headed to the red brand much sooner. Cena will only be working RAW live events starting this month with one exception - the SmackDown live event on Monday, August 14th at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA.
Quote:
There are major cutbacks going on all over WWE right now, including the cancellation of WWE Network programs and no longer doing the pyro at shows.

Dave Meltzer stated on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE "promised everyone" they were going to have bigger profits in 2017 than they had in 2016 and they're not anywhere close.

"So last year's profits were about $30 million," said Meltzer on the August 1, 2017 episode of Wrestling Observer Radio. "And this year we're about halfway through and — I don't have the exact numbers in front of me - but it's like five or six million, which means there's a lot of catching up to do."

This is believed to be the reason why there is no longer a pyro at WWE shows and a lot of shows on the WWE Network are getting canceled, in an attempt to lower production costs.

"They're not in any financial trouble but the Network subscriber number is a genuine disappointment," explained Meltzer. "The growth coming out of WrestleMania that would have been expected wasn't there."

One thing that has not helped the growth of the WWE Network is doing brand specific pay-per-views for RAW and SmackDown but it's not expected that WWE is going to go back to just one pay-per-view a month.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote