Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #896
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Upbeat UFC featherweight Marcus Brimage is not particularly happy with the match ups UFC officials have thrown his way thus far, telling MMA Fight Corner that he believes he is being used as a "stepping-stone" for fighters who come into the organization with hype around them and that people think he "sucks."

 SHARE (14)  TWEET (11) 47 COMMENTS
"The plan is to win by any means necessary. If it goes to decision it sucks, but it'll go to decision. If I knock his ass out in the first, then I knock his ass out in the first. We don't get paid by the round in the UFC. It's just that the position I'm in, in the UFC, everyone thinks I suck. Sooo if I beat you, you really suck. Because they keep using me as a stepping-stone. Maximo Blanco he was supposed to on the fast track to Aldo, I stopped that...Jimy Hettes, I stopped that. Now this guy, and I'm about to stop that again. They think I suck. They keep using me as a stepping stone, but if I keep beating you and you suck, then that means you really suck."

-- Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight Marcus Brimage (6-1) tells MMA Fight Corner about the lack of appreciation he feels from fans and the UFC brass going into his UFC on FUEL TV 9 bout against highly touted Irish prospect Conor McGregor. Despite holding a 3-0 record inside the Octagon, "The Bama Beast" is being regulated to the Facebook preliminary portion of the card against an organizational newcomer. That doesn't appear to sit well with Mr. Brimage as he thinks the promotion is using him as a stepping-stone for new talent, a point that's hard to argue after taking a look at his record and list of opponents. Regardless of Brimage's feelings, a win against McGregor at UFC on FUEL TV 9 would move him to 4-0 under the UFC banner and he will certainly receive a pretty significant step up in competition.

For more news and notes on UFC on FUEL TV 9, check out our complete event archive here.