View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #1755
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The other option is FOX buying WWE. Stephanie recently stated if someone offered to buy the E and it was a good deal they'd be foolish not to look at it. That might be better for FOX as they try to fill up their Broadcast Network with solidified brands that they would own outright. I could see them buying a majority stake in WWE w/ a deal to keep most current management in place for a period of time.

If that happens, it wouldn't surprise me to see Vince stay on as more of advisory type role while focusing almost entirely on the XFL reboot. I could see HHH/Steph basically running RAW and the other two one-hour programs. My guess for those two programs would be the one airing on FS2 would be the equivalent of 'Main-Event' but the one airing on FS1 they might throw some decent matches on.

The biggest questions, IF, this happens (imo) are:

* Do you keep monthly ppvs with a monthly 3 hour special on a Saturday/Sunday night also happening

* Will the monthly specials feel more like a ppv or just a longer version of RAW (RAW going down to 2 hours would be because many FOX affiliates air a local news broadcast at the 9/10 pm hour)

* If monthly ppvs go away, how do you re-structure the WWE Network? For older programming, NXT and TakeOver events and the big five only (WM, RR, SSlam, SSeries and MTIB)?

* What do you with the largest roster you have ever had with four hours of programming a week and single roster?

Last edited by slik; 03-02-2018 at 09:15 AM.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote