View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Impact Wrestling: World Champion Tessa Blanchard (Air Date Spoilers Only)

Sincerel I'm about the only one who watches Impact on a weekly basis and the ROH thread has dropped Impact I figure I'd start one for the new Impact Wrestling.

Now they are only 3 episodes in to the new regime taking over and as a fan I think it's been complete shit really. First episode was a complete WWE reference the whole show pretty much. 2nd episode was ok but not a lot of wrestling in my option. The last episode had a lot of tag team wrestling but the last segment was just bad. Karen Jarrett of all people was brought out, and I guess she's got some type of power they never really said but she ended up slapping Josh Mathews who was really the best part of the segment. Might have been an alright segment had it been in the middle of the show but it's not something to end a show on.

Really trying to be more WWE like than they were with Hogan I think. This week Bruce had a sit down interview with Lashley that was very similar to a Micheal Cole style interview. Wasn't even needed because people know who Lashley is. Now had they interviewed one of these many new faces they have that would have made sense but they pretty much just used it to kind of turn Bobby face.

Now to what I do like, all the new faces are nice and they seem to be working with a lot of different promotions. Feel like they had a lot of smaller promotions lined up to face the Hardys as they have had the Future Stars of Wrestling Tag Team titles and last week had Monster Factory Tag Team champions on the show with their titles. Seems like they just reworked things and it worked I think. Next week they are supposed to crown new tag team champions but really haven't said anything about who will be in the match at all just that next they will crown champions.

Cody Rhodes has been good and him and Moose wrestle next week for the Grand Championship, I just hope they drop the round stuff and have a regular match. Actually wore Bullet Club gear this week which I'm not sure if thats legal or not.

If they are truly doping the TNA they really need to get new titles. All but the Grand Championship still have TNA on them and its dumb to say TNA is dead only to still have those titles.

They just don't seem to be able to find their identity and are reaching for anything they can. Trying to be like WWE but different at the same time. Trying to be great shouldn't mean being WWE but I think that's what they are going for. TNA was great when it was an alternative to WWE and once they realize that they might get somewhere.

TLDR: Impact Wrestling has no idea what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWadding View Post
Frank Drebin is a big dumb gay and Sinple Fan has Cero Miedo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Just going to say it, because credit due where credit due: Eli Drake was awesome in his role this week. Sorry, Eli. I can admit it when I’m wrong.

Last edited by Simple Fan; 01-12-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: constant branding changes by Anthem
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote