View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #34449
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
You got giddy earlier about john morrison coming back, but I don't see you attacking the fact that a guy capable performing incredible acrobatic and aerial feats, finishes people with a move that kills his momentum a few feet before he lands, and has less impact than anything else he does.

Most people don't think about that. Because it looks cool.
I actually don't like the Starship Pain, but acrobatics like that in wrestling don't annoy me as much, because I can buy that an arrogant heel would do something like that to embarrass his opponent. It's just like The Rock's theatrics before the People's Elbow. For a babyface, moves like that do look cool, and they become something of a stamp for that wrestler. You could always logically just come off with an elbow and monitor your opponent's position a bit more, but if you've assumed that you've put them in a position where you've gotten them relatively discombobulated, it makes sense to finish them off with emphasis so that you can increase your fanbase/make a statement.

It can still be silly. If you've got your opponent beaten, you should go for the win, sure. But what I can't stand is the obvious co-operation stuff. The "I will run into position for this because I want you to hit me" stuff. This falls into that category for me. What it implies is that every wrestler that gets hit with the Rainmaker wants to be hit with it. Otherwise they would have surely flopped to the ground too, since Okada doesn't actually pull you into the move. Surely you can understand my gripe with that?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote