View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #5404
Raven Reaper
Flame on, Motherfokkas!

Raven Reaper is "reptacular" (2,500+)Raven Reaper is "reptacular" (2,500+)Raven Reaper is "reptacular" (2,500+)

aka White: Melody of the Curse.

The plot is like Perfect Blue meets The Ring.. Except this time, the song "White" performed by the Pink Dolls was NOT REALLY an original pop song. It was written by a previous pop backup dancer who killed herself by drinking bleach because the other girls were bullying her and jealous because she's the leader of the pop group and is the only talented songwriter.. And I really liked the social commentary on how pop music can make celebs be so miserable and they become sell-outs once their songs are just copying each other. Ironic, cos in the movie, one of the 4 members of the Pink Dolls group keep on singing that White song which is cursed during nighttime goes insane and commits suicide in the recording studio..

The creepiest scenes are the backmasking tape records of hearing the ghostly doubled voice in the background.. Same with the music video... Yes, like I said, it's Perfect Blue meets The Ring (in the music world of course.) The part where one of the Pink Doll members tried her high pitched singing it turned into fucking terrifying scream that made her scared shitless when she saw the white haired ghost.. The white hair wig is almost like Manson's Coma White and MEchanical Animals era even though the rest of them wearing the white wigs looked like Lady Gaga clones.

A bonus: The song White which is supposed to be "cursed" in the movie is THE ONLY SOUNDTRACK on this..

Give it a listen if you won't see a dead white haired dancer standing next to you humming the lyrics. And catchy too!!! Another extra creepier shit bonus is that one of the lyrics when you try backmasking it, says "It's hot here in my heart. Can you see me? I'm here behind you." That happened in the movie too!! O____O.

8/10
Raven Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote