View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:52 PM   #34
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Just basing promo skills, Miz was far better than most of the top guys from that era. Rock, Austin, Angle, and Foley were better. But top level guys who got world title runs in that era include Taker, Big Show, Booker T, HHH, Shawn Michaels, and Goldberg, and Miz is a better promo then they were during that era.

And that is not even counting the guys who got lots of title shots without winning it during that era like Kane, Ken Shamrock, or RVD, or the guys WWE tried to push as too guys that didn't pan out like Rikishi or Billy Gunn. Miz beats all of them in promo skills hands down.
I dunno, dude. You're normally on the money, but remember when Goldberg came in and obliterated everyone on the mic because no one sounds great anymore? I'm not saying those guys were known for being great promos, but compared to today? Everyone at least seemed to grasp the idea of a promo. Miz would have been like Disco Inferno. Billy Gunn could probably come back and talk more convincingly than most of the roster and people would be like "Wtf? Why is Billy Gunn the best talker?"

Actually, I am curious to see how Jeff Hardy would do in the current climate. Or Shelton Benjamin. Well, I just heard Shelton talk a few weeks ago, and it was pretty dire (sorry, Shelty -- I still love ya), but Jeff legitimately doesn't give a fuck, and I think he could be extremely entertaining in a confident "here's a dude with actual charisma" kind of way.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote