View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #17
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Jericho becoming the first undisputed champion. It was before WWE got in the habit of constant "shock" title changes and it was pretty much a foregone conclusion going into the event that we'd be getting Austin vs Rock for the title. Never thought for a second Jericho would get past Rock, much less win the title.
I wish I knew who it was on here, but they called it. They based it on Jericho being walked over heading into the PPV. I had Jericho last on my likely winners, with my prediction being an Austin vs. Rock final.

Truth be told, shock value aside, do you think giving Jericho the Undisputed Title was the right move? Booking aside, I never took Jericho seriously as a heel until 2008 -- he was still doing his WCW mid-card shtick, which was entertaining in the WCW mid-card, but was feeling a bit out of place against guys like Austin and Rock who were presented as definitively better.

Putting the Undisputed Title on Austin from the start and having him face Triple H at WrestleMania X-8 may have been the better overall direction for the company, and long-term for Jericho, who entertered a slump after, well, I wish I could after Mania X-8, but it was really before then.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote