View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #36
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
On the topic of belts in New Japan, I do think that they could probably unify the IWGP Tag Team Championship and Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles. You can still do junior tags, but there isn't much drama left in holding either set of belts. Putting some junior teams against some of those heavyweight teams could really help out the overall health of New Japan's tag scene.

While I'm not a big fan of the Six-Man Titles, I was always intrigued by the idea of the U-30 Championship. They retired the belt fairly quickly, but when you look at the former champions -- Hiroshi Tanahashi and Shinsuke Nakamura -- well, they didn't exactly flop in Japan. I'm not saying the U-30 Title is responsible for that, but maybe there is a place for it in New Japan? I dunno, it might seem unnecessary, but I've always been a mark for the idea of that belt.

According to Wikipedia, here are the talent in New Japan that are under the age of 30:

* Adam Cole
* Hangman Page
* Henare
* Juice Robinson
* Seiya Sanada (my pick for revived champion)
* Chase Owens
* David Finlay? (not sure of his age, but I'd guess he is under 30)
* Hiromu Takahashi (current Junior Heavyweight Champion)
* Jay White
* Nick Jackson
* Ricochet
* Sho Tanaka
* Will Ospreay
* Yohei Kamatsu

Even if the belt was mainly to earmark Sanada and Takahashi and maybe give Ricochet and Ospreay to fight over when they're not in the Junior Heavyweight scene, it would at least serve a purpose.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote