View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #266
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsphere View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the logo editor, I run the patcher, with only the ring mat editor on, Is this supposed to bring up something else. Can someone explain this to me please?
Ok, so it's not a logo editor. It's a tool for overlaying 1024x1024 png files onto the ring textures. Here's an example.

I get mine from this thread in the arena

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1517

As far as making your own, I don't really know anything about image editing so I can't help you there.

First off make sure you have the current version of Carlzilla's mod suite. He released an updated version a couple days ago. Just download it from the same place you got it before, as he just updates the file. Then replace the old Carlzilla.dll file with the new one. I recommend doing this first, because whenever you update the mod suite, it removes the textures and you have to reapply them. Inconvenient, but it's a good idea to keep the mods updated alongside spike's updates.

Anyway, here are the instructions from Carlzilla

In order to use the ring mat database you need to ALT-TAB from the game and find the Ring Mat Database window in the PWGR window.

You will then need to create an entry for any ring you want using a custom texture. To do this hit the ADD button under the list to the left of the database window. This will add a generic entry.

Select this entry and select the created ring to use from the top dropdown list. If you have not created the ring yet, you should do so now, and then when you've saved it, come back to the Ring Mat Database window and hit the "Update Ring/Image List" button on the bottom right hand corner of the window.

After you've selected your ring, you'll need to select your texture in the second dropdown list. The first time you run the game with the mod installed, it will create a folder called RingMats in your default FirePro directory. Place any ring texture files in this directory. They should be in PNG format, and 1024x1024 in size. The default texture was posted in the Texture Modding thread, I recommend you use that as a template for all your custom ring textures.

Once you've created the Database entry, all you need to do is select the ring when starting a match and the correct texture will automatically be applied.The game will save the database when it closes, so there's nothing you need to do in order to save your changes.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote