View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #135
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Possibly, but none of them were introduced... even back from Generation X, let alone any of the X-MEN/Wolverine franchise films even as easter eggs. They don't neccessarily have to delve into dealings with Logan or mutant registration unless they get referenced somehow in Days of Future Past.

Also, most of "powers" of the team can be explained away merely for the sake of the show by some triggering event (as in, not dormant until manifested through puberty, so to speak), enchanted item, or just plain science. Hell, Marrina is an alien, and aliens were already established with The Avengers. Her rise and fall is a story arc right there (following the same path as the example I gave above with trying to "contain" Walt, just with her instead), and she isn't such a "major" character where changing what ultimately happens to her will incur the wrath of fanboys the world over. Most people in todays climate of being introduced to people just from the movies will likely not even know who she is.

I mean, if you go overboard with including people like Snowbird AND Box AND Sasquatch AND the twins you may start raising issue, but *most* of the people I mentioned can fit in without any mutant dna explanation at all. Besides, it isn't neccessary to include the whole team. Guardian and/or Vindicator and maybe up to 4 more is good, and you can still eliminate any mutants from the lineup- just put over Department H as another organization of people in suits who took notice from "The Battle of New York".
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote