View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #129
Johnny McNasty
Thank god I'm an Asshole!

Johnny McNasty has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Johnny McNasty has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I'm on the second book. I absolutely love surreal stuff like this, that blurs different genres. Does it stay consistently good, throughout most of it?

There is another series of books similar to The Dark Tower, called The Dungeon. VERRRRRY obscure, but the first two books are fantastic. Problem is that each book is written by a different author, and it goes downhill fast because of it. Didn't even bother reading the 5th and 6th books.
Yeah it stays consistently good for the most part. They get increasingly better up until the very last book, which tends to drag at certain points. But within the story it is understandable why King wrote it that way. The ending always gets mixed reviews. I found it bitter sweet myself, but probably more sweet than bitter.

Have you read Hearts In Atlantis or Insomnia? I would recommend reading through both of those before you get to far into the series.

I've just picked up a book of three novels in one type deal of his at the library. It includes the Shining, Salems Lot, and Carrie. Never read any of these three, but I've seen the movies at one point or the other.
Johnny McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote