View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #151
Dave Youell
1/2 Optimist 1/2 Amazing

Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
It’s simple really.

Superman fans will watch a superman film

Or they will also watch a Justice League film because superman is in it

Rinse and repeat with Batman, The Flash and all the others (whoever they decide to put in in, not Aquaman though, please!)

So from the studio’s perspective, the Superman film didn’t make a profit in the cinema and generally wasn’t well received. I thought it was passable and it wasn’t Routh’s fault, I thought he did a good job, as did Kevin Spacey, I think the rest of the cast sucked and the feel of the film wasn’t right, it was like they were trying to make modern day feel like the 1920’s with the fashion and general decor, it made the previous superman film look more modern. Anyway I’m getting off track. This will make money because it’s pretty much going to bring in all fans of most of the popular DC comics. So it stands more chance of making money than a superman solo film.

Bale is raking in the cash and they’ve done a stella job with the re-launch of the franchise, if Bale doesn’t want to be on board, I don’t see why they can’t have another guy playing batman, it’s not that big a deal is it really? Same goes with Supes, Routh could stick with the solo flicks and someone else could play Kent in this film.

Ryan Reynolds for The Flash though, that’s the most exciting part of this film for me, as the old TV film was a let down along with the TV show, even if I did watch it religiously as a child, he deserves a proper run on the big screen
Dave Youell is offline   Reply With Quote