View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 12:31 AM   #949
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by "Why 10 is Perfect" by Tye Dillinger now available at the TPWW Store for $10:

SPOILER: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
  • As of now, there are still no plans for a proper Roman Reigns heel turn, even with the Undertaker match at WrestleMania.
  • WrestleMania is expected to be a 7 hour show this year.
  • The SmackDown tag team titles may not be defended at WrestleMania 33, and it could be the impetus for a post-event storyline for American Alpha/the entirety of the blue brands tag division.
  • Apparently Jerry Lawler will be doing commentary for at least one match at WrestleMania 33.

Spoiler tags used since its related to rumored Mania plans and news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
It will likely be announced shortly that Anthem Entertainment and ITV have reached a deal. This was the deal Jeff Jarrett was working on as ITV wants a wrestling show for the U.K. but doesn't want to run a wrestling promotion. So the two companies will be partnering in some form on a promotion.
Quote:
ROH's 5/12 show at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York will be a PPV featuring a lot of New Japan talent.
Quote:
Bully Ray said that his ROH contract was for one year or longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
E! Online has an article on Brie Bella gracing the cover of "Pregnancy and Baby " Magazine and that her daughter's name will be Birdy Joe Danielson. She mentioned that her and husband Daniel Bryan wanted their children to have names that begin with Bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Network has added a collection devoted to Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania matches. Titled "Mr. Wrestlemania", the collection features the following:

WrestleMania V – Rocking The Twin Towers
Shawn Michaels makes his WrestleMania debut when The Rockers take to the ring to battle The Twin Towers.

WrestleMania VI – A Ride on The Orient Express
The Rockers journey across the border to Canada for a memorable battle against The Orient Express.

WrestleMania VII – The Rockers Get Barbaric
Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty continue to light up the WWE Universe, as The Rockers take on The Barbarian and Haku.

WrestleMania VIII – Heartbreak for El Matador
Shawn Michaels goes solo on The Grandest Stage of Them All in a match against ‘El Matador’ Tito Santana.

WrestleMania IX – Going Native
Shawn Michaels puts the Intercontinental Championship on the line in a match with Tatanka.

WrestleMania X – On a Razor’s Edge
Shawn Michaels climbs to new heights with Razor Ramon in a Ladder Match to determine the real Intercontinental Champion.

WrestleMania XI – No Friends in Matters of Gold
Shawn Michaels’ quest for gold and glory leads him to a shot at the WWE Championship against his former ally, Diesel.

WrestleMania XII – The Boyhood Dream
Shawn Michaels goes the distance by challenging Bret Hart for the WWE Championship in the first ever Iron Man Match.

WrestleMania XIV – A Degenerate’s Fall
With Mike Tyson in his corner, Shawn Michaels puts the WWE Championship on the line against Stone Cold Steve Austin.

WrestleMania XIX – An Icon Returns to WrestleMania
Five years after his last match on The Grandest Stage of Them All, Shawn Michaels returns to battle Chris Jericho.

WrestleMania 21 – The Olympian’s Pride
The heated rivalry between Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle comes to a head at The Showcase of the Immortals.

WrestleMania 22 – Disciplinary Action
The tumultuous relationship between Mr. McMahon and Shawn Michaels explodes in a No Holds Barred Match.

WrestleMania 23 – You Can’t See The Showstopper
Shawn Michaels looks to prove why he is The Showstopper by challenging John Cena for the WWE Championship.

WrestleMania 24 – Farewell to a Legend
With Ric Flair’s career on the line, Shawn Michaels battles The Nature Boy in an emotional confrontation.

WrestleMania 25 – Challenging The Streak
While promising to bring darkness to light, Shawn Michaels challenges The Undertaker’s Streak at The Show of Shows.

WrestleMania 26 – Mr. WrestleMania’s Final Curtain
Shawn Michaels puts his career on the line in a final effort to lay The Undertaker’s Streak to rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Fite App has announced that WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will be chatting with fans on their platform during the entire Ring of Honor Anniversary tomorrow evening from 9 PM Eastern on, discussing the show and interacting with fans as they watch the ROH PPV.

You can download the Fite App for free for your cell phone or mobile device, for free by clicking here. The App can be streamed from your phone to Samsung smart TVs as well as Roku devices, as long as the items are on the same wifi network.

To order the show directly on the Fite.TV website, click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Gail Kim, who was backstage for at least one of the Impact Wrestling tapings last week, as scheduled to wrestle for Absolute Intense Wrestling this weekend. It was announced that she is not cleared to wrestle and Rebel from Impact will be taking her place. Kim will still appear at the event in Cleveland, Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With Jeff Jarrett in charge of Impact what's the status of his promotion Global Wrestling Federation?

I don't know about the GWF. You'd have to ask Joe Pedicino! However, Global Force Wrestling still technically exists. Their belts and talents will be appearing on Impact programming. Jarrett also has a standing production deal and has been in discussions for a potential TV deal through that relationship. My guess is that it will fade into Impact and will have those elements featured on the former TNA instead. It may be that they do something independent with it, but my guess is that's more of a longshot now.
From a weekly Q&A article by PWI about the potential future of GFW now that Jarrett is more occupied with Impact stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Just a quick note to ask everyone to keep Dennis Stamp, who worked several territories and actually wrestled Bret Hart in Hart's first ever match and was immortalized with the words "I'm not booked" in the Barry Blaustein documentary Beyond the Mat in 1999, and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Stamp has been battling cancer again since it re-emerged in September 2016. Things have taken a turn of the worse in recent weeks as it has now spread to his bone marrow.
Quote:
At press time, there were only about 250 tickets left for WrestleMania on the primary market before it would be an actual sellout, so it’s a lock to be sold out, probably within a week. That would be 55,000 people with the current set up. There are ways to get it up to 60,000 if they want to add seats and start selling new seats. Hall of Fame tickets sold out this past week. As far as secondary market demand, the price of entry for WrestleMania is $120 (which indicates a softer than expected secondary market since face value on the cheapest tickets is $160), Raw is $101, NXT is $75, Hall of Fame is $31 and Smackdown is $18.
Quote:
Kairi Hojo of Stardom has agreed to a three-year contract with WWE. She’s a great wrestler who was one of the women on the Lucha Underground show against Pentagon Dark earlier this season. Nakamura has been pushing for her to come to NXT for several months, since before we originally reported her getting an offer. She had told Stardom officials that she had turned down the offer and was staying with them. She just told the promotion now that she was leaving and wanted to leave in April. She’s got two titles and Stardom wants to her drop the titles before she leaves. The company felt they were misled by Hojo through all this. Io Shirai, the company’s top star, was more up front about her situation. She’s also reconsidered coming and said that she will be going to Orlando later this month but would not be working any shows over Mania weekend. This would replenish NXT’s women’s division that has really been just Asuka, to a degree Ember Moon, and a bunch of women who aren’t anywhere near that level
Stardom is pretty much screwed if Shirai also leaves since within a few months they'd be losing 3 of their top stars with a fourth big star also rumored to be leaving. One is already guaranteed to leave due to retirement soon.

Quote:
Now that you are in the best shape of your life, how much longer do you see yourself wrestling?

Big Show: I know I’m done February 2018. That’s when my contract ends as a full-time, live event guy. We’ll see what happens after that, whether I roll into an ambassador role or what WWE has for me. I know I’ve been with them for a long time and I have a great relationship with them. I also understand there’s a time for me to step aside and for other guys to step up. We got a lot of great new athletic talent that will probably be coming up at WrestleMania to be introduced. I don’t have any regrets or any shoulda, coulda, wouldas in my career. I’ve had a very blessed career with the greatest superstars this business has ever seen. And for me, it’s about giving that space up to those guys that are there to do it and me finding new challenges to help inspire and motivate me. That’s what I’ll be doing. Anything to keep from having to get a real job.
From a recent interview Big Show had with Yahoo Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/big-sho...033642190.html

Quote:
WWE makes it clear they want talent not to say the Hardys may be coming. Similarly, we were told Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis Bennett, who also left TNA after their contracts expired, have a destination but wanted to keep their destination quiet. Given the limited options, the destination would either be ROH/New Japan or both, which is what they did before TNA, or WWE.
Quote:
Lucha Underground has signed a deal to air in Germany on Tele 5. Tele 5 had been airing Raw but opted out due to the price tag. The station’s contract to air Raw ends at the end of this month.
Quote:
The alliance with Konnan and Crash has some political implications because if Lucha Underground goes down, or if they make the call not to use Pentagon, Fenix, Brian Cage and others who have left AAA for Crash, Impact will have a direct line to all of its key talent. Now, WWE will also be interested since they are looking at opening up a Mexico branch. Rey Mysterio’s contract is up with Lucha Underground shortly after this season completes airing in the fall so he would be available as well unless Lucha Underground continues and he gets signed to a new deal. But once again, unless Impact finds a very to get new revenue sources, they will have a limited talent budget
Quote:
Ricky Morton wanted Jim Cornette to induct the Rock & Roll Express to the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. He hasn’t said anything publicly about it and hasn’t confirmed it

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Orlando Sentinel had a recent interview with Shinsuke Nakamura about his time in NXT and future plans in the WWE. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...story,amp.html
  • According to the Observer, Daniel Bryan is considering a run in CMLL and NJPW once his current WWE contract ends late 2018.
  • Also according to the Observer, WWE is rumored to be making an official announcement regarding a women's tournament after the next Takeover special.
  • Recent episode of the Observer Radio show revealed Lesnar was the main reason why the potential Lesnar-Shane Mania match got dropped. Lesnar hated the idea and the storyline so he pushed for it to get dropped in favor of getting Goldberg instead. Shane was allowed to pick his new Mania opponent which became Styles and the reason why the Shane-Ambrose storyline got abruptly dropped.
  • Konnor revealed on his Instagram page that he recently found out he will become a father by this September. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbocOSllmf/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote