View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #946
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Architect making the right choice as a kid:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The angle that would appear to end Josh Mathews as Impact announcer was shot yesterday with Team JB beating Team Josh in an eight-man tag team match that will air in early April. Chris Masters as Chris Adonis and Matt Morgan were both involved in that match as babyfaces on Team JB with Morgan winning it for the team.

Spoiler tag used since its related to the results for Impact's announcer storyline.

Quote:
Coming the day after Fastlane, Raw was up four percent from last week, averaging 3.20 million viewers, with a particularly strong second hour but a major drop in the third hour.

The number was virtually identical to that of two weeks earlier and based on normal patterns of gaining about 10 percent after football season ends, Raw should be doing 3.2 million viewers weekly right now ...

There was an across the board third hour drop, of 13 percent, far larger than usual, even in the male demos which usually hold steady in that hour.

The third hour was built around a confrontation with Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman that never happened, and Undertaker was never advertised to appear, and both Lesnar and Goldberg had already appeared by that time.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.32 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.38 million viewers
10 p.m 2.95 million viewers
Quote:
The 2017 WWE Hall of Fame class is up to seven official members.

In an announcement made by Bleacher Report on Monday afternoon, WWE revealed that Rick Rude would be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. He joins Kurt Angle, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson of the Rock 'n' Roll Express, Teddy Long, Diamond Dallas Page, and Beth Phoenix as those set to be honored on March 31st over WrestleMania weekend in Orlando, Florida.

Rude is the first posthumous member of the 2017 class and will be inducted by Ricky Steamboat. Bleacher Report spoke to Steamboat about Rude's career.
Quote:
Tomoaki Honma has started to get some movement back after a scary injury that took place on Friday.

Honma took a draping DDT from Jado in a six-man tag team match held in Okinawa. Most likely the finish of the match would have involved his side winning, but after taking the move, he laid prone on the mat and couldn't move. Jado pinned him and medical assistance was provided and he was carried out, almost motionless, on a stretcher. He was fully conscious and talking at the time.

Honma, according to sources at New Japan, has regained movement in his arms and legs but is still very weak. He is as of yet unable to sit up.

Japanese media reports state that the injury was to the C-3 and C-4 vertebrae in his neck and that he's been moved out of the emergency room. He has said that he is getting better and vowed that some day he will return to the ring.
Quote:
NJPW announced that Yuji Nagata will be Tomoaki Honma's replacement in the New Japan Cup. Nagata will face Tanga Loa in the first round.
Quote:
The wrestling world was just filled with interesting news at last night's ROH tapings with the Hardys saying they've signed an ROH deal and Bully Ray saying the same.
Supposedly Impact tried to sign Bully Ray to a deal but he rejected because of how low the offer was.

Quote:
Charlotte Flair appeared at Saturday's Milwaukee Bucks game and interrupted the mascot race with a steel chair. The Bucks play at the Bradley Center, which is where Fastlane will take place on Sunday, and Charlotte was also interviewed before the game.
Quote:
For the first time since becoming Ring of Honor Tag Team Champions, The Hardys will defend their titles at Friday's 15th Anniversary pay-per-view. They'll face The Young Bucks and Roppongi Vice in a triple threat Vegas street fight. Bully Ray will also make his ROH in-ring debut in a six-man tag team match as he teams up with The Briscoes to take on War Machine & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Quote:
Shaquille O'Neal on his podcast has claimed that he's back in talks with WWE officials about the WrestleMania match with Big Show.
Quote:
Zack Sabre Jr. joined Suzuki-gun at today's New Japan anniversary show.
Quote:
Last night's show was the rare show where the smart money didn't come in late at all, and major underdogs won matches including Sasha Banks and Roman Reigns. I mentioned by the betting patterns that it never appeared this was a smart money show.
Some details regarding betting and Fastlane ppv.

Quote:
Chris Jericho has a fundraising campaign for Type 1 diabetes research and is selling Stupid Idiot T-shirts for the next two weeks to raise money. For more info and ordering you can go here.
Quote:
Bully Ray, who is scheduled to work regularly for ROH going forward, will be co-hosting the SiriusXM wrestling show Busted Open with Dave LaGreca, debuting today and tomorrow and starting next week, will be a regular every Thursday and Friday on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor has come to terms with Kevin Kelly to work their PPV this Friday (as well as the TV taping the next night.)

Kelly and Ian Riccaboni will be handling the announcing of the 15th Anniversary PPV from Las Vegas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The future of the legendary Mid-South Coliseum, home of classic professional wrestling for decades under Jarrett Promotions, may finally be determined by the end of the month.

The Memphis Commercial-Appeal reported today that Wiseacre Brewing will decide by the end of the month whether it wishes to move forward with a $12 million renovation and lease of the former entertainment venue, which was shut down in 2006 due to the costs needed to renovate the venue in order to bring it into modern standards. An attempt by Jerry Lawler to run the venue one last time, featuring a proposed match between himself and Hulk Hogan was denied by the city.

If Wisacre moves forward with their plans, they would take over the the first floor of the Coliseum and rent the remaining space to a mix of businesses that according to the Commercial Appeal, "might include restaurants, a bowling alley, climbing walls, a wrestling museum and a Civil Rights homage."

Developer Brian Saulsberry had pushed to restore the venue as a concert and entertainment hub, but his bis was denied due to doubts he would be able to raise the necessary funding.

There has been a huge push from Memphis residents to save the facility, as opposed to paying to have it destroyed. Memphis wrestling historian and author Mark James has been very involved in the campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On 3/1, Matt Hardy applied to trademark "Broken Matt Hardy", officially laying claim to ownership of the character.

The trademark is listed as goods & services, described as, " Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer."

Hardy's claim states that the character was first used on April 20th, 2016 and first used in commerce on Mat 20th, 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
What's the difference between the Kassius Ohno from three years ago to the Kassius Ohno of today?
OHNO: Aside from about 50 pounds? [Laughs] I'm smarter. I've matured and I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm more comfortable and I know my worth.

What drove that need to come back to NXT?

OHNO: I've worked hard not to let my previous tenure define my career. I knew I didn't have to come back to prove myself to anyone. What I need [to do] is to come back and accomplish all the things I failed to accomplish my first time here. I also need to reach those goals for anyone who has ever believed in and supported me.

Now that you're back, it seems that your objective is clear.

OHNO: My focus is zeroed in on the NXT Championship. I have accomplished everything I've ever wanted, everywhere I've ever been. Championships, tournaments, you name it. The NXT Championship is something that I don't just want, it's what I need. I plan to become the face and ambassador of NXT. I want to bring the absolute best in-ring action all over the world.
From a recent interview Ohno had with WWE's website: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/arti...t?sf60487349=1

Over/under on her debut taking the same amount of weeks as Emmalina did?

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Natalya recently revealed she will be writing weekly articles for the Calgary Sun similar to her uncle Bret Hart who did the same for years. Link to her first article: http://m.calgarysun.com/2017/03/02/n...ges-and-thrive
  • According to reports, Dana Brooke managed to reach 5th place for the Arnold Classic held over the weekend.
  • WWE announced this year's Extreme Rules ppv with be a RAW exclusive event.
  • WWE teasing Finn Balor could be making his return to RAW as early as next week. Got cleared to return to house shows starting this weekend.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote