View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #938
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Dana Does Something Again gif:

SPOILER: show

Rumor going around the net for post-Mania stuff involves Lesnar winning the Universal title at Mania against Goldberg and then feuding with Strowman.

Spoiler tags used since its related to potential Mania and post-Mania plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Jack Swagger has requested his release from WWE.

In an appearance on "Beyond the Fight" with Chael Sonnen on Wednesday, Swagger announced the news and said that his decision to leave the company was made because of a lack of opportunities in WWE and the sides being so far apart in contract negotiations.

"As of yesterday, Chael, I asked for my release from WWE," Swagger said. "It's still kind of an ongoing process right now. Basically, it came down to contract negotiations and we were way off. They didn't value me at what I thought I was valued at. So, you can be angry about it because wrestling is something that you get so passionate about, but this was a business decision. They weren't giving me the opportunity to make the full amount of income I could for my family, so when you put it like that it's time to go."

Swagger said that the start-and-stop nature of his booking was frustrating, but noted that it's something that happens all of the time and that there are two people in a room in WWE who determine who the best wrestlers are even though the crowd may like others more.

When asked what his plans are going forward, Swagger noted that he's young and is leaving because he wasn't getting opportunities. He said that he intends to keep wrestling and wants to go to Mexico, the UK, and Japan, but it would be hard to turn down a good offer to try out mixed martial arts.

Quote:
The Tuesday, February 28th editon of WWE SmackDown averaged 2.566 million viewers, down 8% from last week's impressive number.

The second hour of the show went up against U.S. President Donald Trump's address to Congress which had 43 million viewers.
Quote:
Owens also appeared on today's episode of the Steve Austin Show, which was taped backstage at the February 20th Raw in Los Angeles.
Link to the podcast episode: http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/pro...42&pid=1714905

Quote:
After the angle where Randy Orton turned his back on Bray Wyatt last night, there was a segment on Talking Smack that furthered tensions between AJ Styles and Shane McMahon with Styles still demanding to challenge for Wyatt's WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
Quote:
In an interview with the Sporting News, Big Show was asked about Shaquille O'Neal claiming that their WrestleMania match "probably" won't happen and said that he still doesn't know whether the match is off yet.
Link to the interview: http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/news...01dueqg3l41b0s

Quote:
Netflix's GLOW series, which was inspired by the pro wrestling promotion of the same name, will premiere on June 23rd.
Quote:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced Marty Scurll vs. Ricochet for their show in Orlando on March 31st. RevPro also tweeted a thank you to Ring of Honor for allowing Scurll and Will Ospreay to work the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross announced on his podcast today that highlights from his three "Ringside with Jim Ross" shows from last year's WrestleMania weekend in Dallas, Texas will be edited into one three hour show that will debut on the Fite App for VOD viewing starting 3/8 at 5 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former TNA champion Drew Galloway was interviewed by The Scottish Sun today to discuss his decision to not sign a new TNA contract and instead, depart the company.

Galloway confirmed the story reported by PWInsider.com several days ago, that the company tried to lock him in too close to the previous contract ending. He told the newspaper, ""They came to me last week with an offer and it was very very good one, one of the best in the company and a position as top guy but the reality is that because they waited until the last second I had to turn it down. Everything was so last minute. I had to to think about back-up plans and family because it went to the wire. I was surprised I got no heads-up beforehand and when they got in touch last week they wouldn’t accept no for an answer and the financial offer was great so it was a very hard decision to make. If all of this was said three weeks ago I would have signed."'

Galloway said that the company wanted him to be positioned as the top talent in Europe, the UK and the United States, but they reached out to him too late for him to want to stay.
Both ITV and WWE are rumored to be interested in signing him. Link to the interview: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-tna-contract/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
PWInsider brought news this morning of yet another high-profile talent who won’t be re-signing with Anthem-owned Impact, former Knockouts champion Jade (aka Mia Yim). She follows Drew Galloway, Matt & Jeff Hardy and Michael Bennett & Maria Kanellis out the door. There’s no word on if she’ll appear at the taping to write her character off, but Insider reports the company plans to only use talent they have locked up on the Mar. 2 - 4 shows in Orlando, so... don’t count on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Bruce Prichard will be making his return to Impact Wrestling this week … and not just in a backstage role, he’ll also be on camera.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us Prichard will be be flying to Orlando for the upcoming taping to appear in an on-air role, as well as work in an advisory position behind the scenes.

As we previously reported … this week saw the Impact Wrestling departures of Broken Matt, Jeff Hardy, Drew Galloway, Mike Bennett, Maria and Jade.

Unclear what Bruce’s on-air role will be at this point, but we’re told the huge numbers his podcast has been receiving were partly the reason for bringing him back.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • For those who get AXS TV channel, they are going to be holding Omega themed NJPW episodes this month as part of a "Rise of Kenny Omega" series.
  • Jeff Jarrett is currently rumored to be the person pushing for TNA talent to not be allowed to work for other indie companies and likely the one who came up with the 10% fee if they do. Main reason is he wants a locked down roster for touring reasons and for long term rebuilding.
  • WWE announced they are releasing a Kevin Owens set called "Fight Owens Fight: The Kevin Owens Story" this July.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote