View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #923
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random WCW gif:

SPOILER: show
According to rumors going around the net, Kurt Angle is currently planned to become RAW's new GM after Mania. Also for a way for Foley to take the time off needed for his hip surgery.

Also a New Authority stable in rumored to be forming by then as well.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible post-Mania plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
This Monday brought another addition to the WWE Hall of Fame with the announcement that Diamond Dallas Page would be part of its 2017 class.

Rolling Stone was given the news by WWE and conducted an interview with Page. He is the fifth officially confirmed member of this year's class, joining Kurt Angle, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson of the Rock 'n' Roll Express, and Teddy Long.

In the interview with Rolling Stone, Page said he got the call from WWE telling him that he would be inducted into the Hall of Fame all the way back in October.

"They handed me the phone and said, 'Boss wants to talk to you,'" Page said about finding out the news. "It's HHH. I called him a couple weeks earlier and he hadn't gotten back to me yet, so I thought this was that return call. So we're talking about casual stuff, and then I start to hear him talk about my career and where I've been and how I got here, and then it hits me -- is this that call? I'm not a guy who has trouble talking, but I couldn't talk. Tears are running down the sides of my cheeks and I just said, 'Bro, I love you man.'"
Quote:
After Shinsuke Nakamura said that he would like to face AJ Styles at WrestleMania, Styles responded on Twitter: "@ShinsukeN how's this? Sorry, but I do have a match at Wrestlemania. N fact, I'll be headlining Wrestlemania after tonight."
Quote:
Steve Austin was backstage at last night's Raw recording an episode of his podcast with Kevin Owens.
Quote:
The first WWN Champion will be crowned over WrestleMania weekend at the EVOLVE vs. PROGRESS Mercury Rising supershow. The champion will be determined by a multi-man elimination match featuring current or former champions from WWN promotions. Drew Galloway has been announced for the match.
Quote:
Pete Dunne pulled out of the Preston City Wrestling shows on 2/25 and 2/26. He claimed it was due to "insensitive comments from the promoter." There was controversy with the promoter's arguing with fans who complained to him that this weekend's shows, the Kris Travis tournament isn't a benefit show for Travis, a popular and talented wrestler who died of cancer. Preston City did a benefit show for Travis in 2015. A few weeks ago, after the comments were made, Dunne said he'd donate his purse to a local cancer charity. He pulled out today but said he would still donate money to the charity. He also said that he was supposed to face Pentagon Jr. on the Saturday show in the first round of the tournament, but would now face him for Revolution Pro in Portsmouth on Friday night. Given this was to be taped for DVD release, I'm not sure how he'd have been able to be in the tournament in the first place but he claimed this had nothing to do with WWE pulling him. There were people who had expected him to pull out since the tournament was being taped for DVD release.
Quote:
Armando Montalvo, the obsessed Lita fan who was shot in front of the Performance Center by police after he kept banging on the glass door and came at officers threatening, was denied bail. In court, he tried to claim he was the victim because he was shot. Montalvo's father noted that he was mentally ill and without medication, tends to have outbursts. He was arrested again last month outside a bar, and charged with battery. He took a vacuum hose and put one end in his pants and the other up a woman's skirt, and was arrested and held with no bond. The judge ruled he had to stay in jail until his trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ
Get your Booty-O's ready ... 'cause THE NEW DAY has officially been tapped to host WrestleMania 33!

It's a HUUUUGE honor -- Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods broke the news on "TMZ Live" and said they're psyched ... since they'll essentially be the faces of the biggest WWE event of the year!

It all goes down in Orlando, FL on April 2 and the guys are already brainstorming ideas so they go down as the greatest WrestleMania hosts EVER ... a list that includes The Rock, John Cena and Kim Kardashian (she hosted in 2008).

"Our main goal is to have as much fun as possible because if were having fun, everybody's having fun!"
Quote:
Tamina Snuka was back with WWE last night on the SmackDown brand. She worked as a face last night teaming with Natalya, who, because they were in Edmonton, also worked as a face.
Quote:
WWE announced today that Seth Rollins would return to Raw this Monday for a sit-down interview with Michael Cole, responding to Samoa Joe's attack on him several weeks back.

As noted previously on PWInsider.com, Rollins has been rehabbing his MCL tear regularly in Birmingham, Alabama in hopes of being cleared to return to the ring by Wrestlemania 33, where he has been scheduled to face Triple H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE also announced this Friday, four videos featuring Diamond Dallas Page will be added to their 'Hall of Fame: Class of 2017' collection on the WWE Network.

They also announced a George 'The Animal' Steele collection will debut this Friday as well.
Quote:
With Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Raw for the filming of scenes for "Fighting with My Family," there was naturally speculation that Johnson would make a surprise appearance on television.

That didn't happen, but Johnson did appear twice in front of the live crowd at the Staples Center. He got on the mic before Raw went on the air, with Vince McMahon even leading him off stage at the end of the segment.

Johnson came back after the conclusion of the show and before the filming of a scene where Paige (played by Florence Pugh and with Tessa Blanchard as a stunt double) wins the Divas Championship for the movie based on Paige and her family's life that Johnson's production company has partnered with WWE Studios and others on.

The presence of the fictional AJ Lee (played by Thea Trinidad) for the scene inspired the Los Angeles audience to chant for CM Punk, which led to Johnson attempting to call Punk. The two ultimately weren't able to find a connection, but Punk did tweet a thank you to the crowd after Johnson left a voicemail.

The rock calls @CMPunk from #wwelosangeles #raw pic.twitter.com/7q0b6a2Wqd

— Josy (@josy0710) February 21, 2017

Punk also offered the explanation that it was his dog's birthday for why he didn't answer the call.
In terms of the match tapings for the film, crowd booed heavily for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked whether WWE was behind The Rock calling CM Punk last night in the ring after Raw went off the air, that would be a resounding No.

As I reported last night in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, it was simply something Rock did at the spur of the moment to pop the live crowd at the Staples Center. We heard from multiple sources that WWE management did not appear to have been happy with Rock going in that direction with his live promo to the crowd in Los Angeles. At one point, it appeared someone was sent to ringside to ask Rock to go in another direction. At another point, a fan yelled they were going to turn his mic off and Rock responded, "They better not turn off my mic."

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote