View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #364
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
Look at it like this Noid.

With what we know about the accuser, we've used our intuition and critical thinking skills to say "ehhhh we don't buy it". The lack of evidence for a case only supports this feeling.

Honestly, this is just what we know. We weren't there. We'll likely never know what happened that night.

My main issue is this will stain Enzo's reputation. Given I believe with what has been presented to me that he didn't do it, I think that is awful.

And I'm aware crazy immature drug addicts get raped. In fact, given the lifestyle, probably more frequently than less at-risk people. Still doesn't make this specific lunatic credible. The story seemed to have holes in it from the beginning.
Okay, I'll hear that. I'm glad you used the word intuition, because I think it's mainly that. I disagree with the critical thinking you've done. I'm not saying that you haven't done it, I just disagree with the process. I think Occam's razor is pretty clear about what the most likely scenario in this is, for example (and it's messy at its tidiest).

I agree with your second statement. We weren't there, and we may not ever know.

That's fair enough. I don't give a shit about Enzo's reputation in this, honestly. Sorry to sound callous, but wasn't she like a drugged-up teenage girl? I can hear Destor saying "Still an adult" now, but surely there must be some more engaging pussy in the world. He's obviously got a touch of the Jerry Lawlers or what have you. I don't have to feel sorry for him putting himself in these situations. And, as I said, TNA has no problem hiring people with sexual assault accusations to their name. It won't make him unemployable or anything. And he lost his job for compounded reasons that are his responsibility. He has not been found guilty unjustly at this point in time.

My main concern is the backflips people will do to go after an alleged victim's credibility. It doesn't make me feel good. At all. I completely agree with you that they are more at risk, which is why statements like "some drugged up crazy" (paraphrasing from around the place) or whatever are just...what? Why would you even go down that road? You could describe Enzo the same way, lol.

Real life often has holes in it. Stories don't always add up 100% when dealing with messes like this. And I hope we can agree that this is a fucking mess. I'd probably not like to associate with anyone in this story. That doesn't mean Enzo deserves to go to prison if he's innocent, and that doesn't mean that this girl is a liar because she's got issues.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote