View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:14 AM   #3394
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Saw the vid, and as I didn't kickstart RotN, this was an unexpected surprise for me. Looks like CV:III but with the bonus of being able to swap all characters instead of sacrificing one for another, and that got my attention. Does it play like it? If so, I'm sold.
It def plays like it and if you have a castlevania itch that needs scratching this should do it. Some of the staff from the original Castlevania games worked on this and it honestly feels like it.

As far ad Castlevania 2 goes think of the time frame. Really ambitious and innovative. Flawed? Of course. But when i first played it it blew me away. So many things that built the immersion of that game.

Its far from perfect but gaming was in its infancy.

Obviously 3 is better on pure gameplay but 2 felt like a world. Towns felt alive and large. Night was tense are the fear of sunset was ever present. The setting, at the time, was a cut above anything out at the time.

It has a lot of flaws, and it would take a bit to list them, but no one ever talks about what it got right. Underrated game is all.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote