View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 11:34 AM   #1414
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A lot of hate for Thrawn's makeup/wardrobe. I'm not super super super into visuals, so I didn't bump too much against it. But I definitely noticed his dad bod, and how the makeup and wig were kinda shit. His voice and dialogue do enough of the heavy lifting for me so that I doesn't matter too much. But I knew a lot of people would be complaining.

So odd tbh...you have ALL this time, and he's supposed to be the big bad. And there were so many holes in his appearance.

Of course, part of it is they're leaning into his "exile" with his aesthetic. But IMO that's a bit of a stretch--doesn't explain the bad wig and the waxy makeup.

It's things like this that baffle me about this Feloni era star wars. I was cool with dad bod Boba because Morrison is a burly Maori and I think he looks tough. But Thrawn is this exquisitely fine-tuned specimen. Feloni wrote Rebels wherein he's this refined badass, chiseled out of granite. Why not ensure Lars Mikkelson turns up lean and mean, while putting in the extra work on the makeup and wig?
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote