View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:38 PM   #1675
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by #BeatUpJohnCenaDay Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite this being the first episode after a Royal Rumble that received a ton of mainstream media attention, SmackDown was down three percent in the ratings this week.

Last year's show following the Royal Rumble saw a 10 percent increase ...

With Raw having a better than average number following the Rumble and the hit that SmackDown took due to the tough competition, the show retained just under 75 percent of the Raw audience from the night before. It was also down almost 11 percent in the year-over-year ratings, the biggest decline since August 29th and the second largest since the show moved to a live format on Tuesday nights.
In terms of the actual number, this week generated 2.509 million viewers.

Quote:
Dixie Carter tweeted about Rockstar Spud (who is now known as Drake Maverick) debuting as the 205 Live general manager: “Oh my sweet @RockstarSpud. So very proud...but OF COURSE I’ve seen this in you all along! Best #BritishBootCamp decision. Best memories as YOUR sidekick, not the other way around. Best @WWE decision. #205Live #SDLive”

Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss defeated Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch on Mixed Match Challenge last night when Bliss jumped off Strowman’s shoulders and hit Twisted Bliss on Lynch. The live viewing numbers were down for the second straight week, but the total views are up slightly from where last week’s episode was at this time. The second episode has 1.7 million views compared to the first episode's 1.9 million as of now.

Rory Gulak, who is Drew Gulak’s brother, and Chris Wylde were the team that faced the Bludgeon Brothers on SmackDown last night: Drew tweeted right before Rory’s appearance: “Man, I feel bad for whoever has to fight the Bludgeon Brothers next on #SDLive.”

Kenny Omega praised The New Day in an interview with Sports Illustrated: “When I see Big E, I clearly see someone who could be world champion. The guy is on another level. Kofi is one of those guys who is good in all situations and can challenge for all titles, and Xavier is another great athlete who is talented in the ring and confident on the mic.” In response, Big E replied to someone who posted the quote where Omega complimented him: “You making this quote up? Don’t play with my emotions.”
Dixie: https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/958703802470854656 , Gulak: https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/958516595684495360 , Omega: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01...dy-kenny-omega , Big E: https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/958861913655529474

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Despite Braun Strowman competing on tonight's episode of WWE Mixed Match Challenge, the show suffered another big drop in live viewership in week three.

Tonight's show peaked at around 62,400 live viewers right after the conclusion of the match pitting Strowman & Alexa Bliss against Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch. Bliss pinned Lynch to earn the win, making it the third straight week where the woman earned the victory for their team.

The episode was down 32% from last week's episode, which featured The Miz & Asuka defeating Big E & Carmella. It was down 54% from the premiere, which peaked at 135,600 live viewers.
Some details about this week's numbers for Mixed Match Challenge.

Quote:
Impact’s show with WrestlePro will take place on Sunday and stream on their Twitch channel on February 9th at 8 p.m. Eastern.

A rematch between Keith Lee and Tomohiro Ishii is set for Revolution Pro Wrestling’s Epic Encounter at York Hall on May 11th. The two had a great match together last year.

Simon Gotch will be making his MLW debut by teaming with Seth Petruzelli against Jason Cade & Jimmy Yuta on February 8th.
Impact: http://impactwrestling.com/twitch-brace-impact/ , RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/958800567714897921 , Gotch: https://mlw.com/2018/01/31/simon-got...th-in-orlando/

Quote:
After Alicia Fox was pulled from the tournament due to injury, Goldust will be teaming with Mandy Rose in Mixed Match Challenge.

That announcement was made towards the end of last night's episode. Goldust & Rose will be taking on Jimmy Uso & Naomi next Tuesday, and the winning team will go on to face Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss in week eight of the tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It appears WWE Network is filling in the gaps with the World Class Championship Wrestling TV library a few episodes have been uploaded today.

The early word on March's vintage addition to the WWE Network's Vault section is that it will be episodes of WCW Saturday Night. WWE will be adding Coliseum Home Videos to that area this Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor announced:

Stardom’s dominant Oedo Tai faction is well-represented in the tournament to crown the first Women of Honor Champion! In addition to the leader of Oedo Tai, Kagetsu’s tag team partner, one half of the Goddess of Stardom Champions, second-generation star Hana Kimura has entered the tournament to crown the first Women of Honor Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With Jeremy Borash having left for WWE, the announced revival of Live Audio Wrestling on Impact's Twitch channel is off. No word on if or when it returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
New 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick (the former Rockstar Spud in Impact Wrestling) had plenty to celebrate as last night was not only his WWE debut, but his birthday as well.

And there was a little reunion as King Maxel met with a former foe...

This #DrakeMaverick guy seems so familiar, but I just can't place him.... ???? #205Live pic.twitter.com/R2nEPzcJYi
— KING MAXEL (@BABYHARDYBRAND) January 31, 2018
Quote:
The latest "This Week In Wrestling" article at Sports Illustrated features an interview with Kenny Omega, who discussed The New Day. Omega said that they are three of his favorite wrestlers in WWE, and feels that Big E could be a world champion.

"When I see Big E, I clearly see someone who could be world champion," said Omega. "The guy is on another level. Kofi is one of those guys who is good in all situations and can challenge for all titles, and Xavier is another great athlete who is talented in the ring and confident on the mic."

Omega also noted that New Day being in the same spot in the company for years makes him hesitant about possibly eventually signing with them.

"It's things like that that really make me think twice about what I would be getting into if eventually I do go there," said Omega.
Link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01...dy-kenny-omega

Quote:
After making a surprise appearance as a participant of the men's Royal Rumble match this past Sunday, Rey Mysterio is headed to the U.K. to face Zack Gibson for 5 Star Wrestling's event in Liverpool this Thursday. The event is headlined by Rob Van Dam facing John Morrison for the 5 Star Championship. Jake Hager (f.k.a. Jack Swagger), Carlito and Chris Masters are also scheduled to be in action.
Quote:
The official twitter account for fast-food restaurant Wendy's showed why their Twitter game is on another level. When a user asked them why they didn't enter the Royal Rumble, they replied:

We heard we could just show up later and point at the mania sign
— Wendy's (@Wendys) January 31, 2018
Quote:
As noted, Alicia Fox missed the first-ever women's Royal Rumble match and was pulled from WWE's Mixed Match Challenge due to a broken tailbone she suffered in the pre-Rumble rehearsals. PWInsider reports that Fox is not expected to be cleared to return to the ring for at least a few months. Fox was said to be very upset about missing her chance to work the first-ever women's Rumble.
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans if the "Yep! Movement" will survive the match between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens on next week's SmackDown. As noted, the winner will go on to face WWE Champion AJ Styles in the main event of the Fastlane pay-per-view in March. As of this writing, 74% of fans voted, "Nope. With The Road to WrestleMania underway, even a friendship like Owens & Zayn's will crumble with a WWE Title Match hanging in the balance." The rest went with, "Yep! Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn are best friends, and despite having to face off in such a high-stakes match, SmackDown LIVE will continue to be the 'Kevin & Sami Show.'"

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote