Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Also, am I understanding 'equipment load/how fast you move' correctly? Keep it at half of your equip load and you will move quickly? Does this affect how fast you attack and such, or is that just Dex? Or does Dex even affect your attack speed? Just not sure on the intricacies of the game and how certain things affect you.

I know that by keeping your equip load under half of its max, you move quickly. That's how we got across the bridge with the red dragon. Just took off our armor and BOOKED IT to the stairway. But I'm not sure how movement works with everything else.
Equipment load affects your running speed, endurance loss/recovery and your rolling speed. If you have over 50% equip burden your roll becomes basically a fat fall. But strong armour gives you poise, which means enemies cannot interrupt your attacks.

I'm not sure what effects attack speed to be honest, obviously the size of the weapon is a big thing, I think maybe that the major stat for each weapon class probably affects how well you can use it in terms of attack speed and damage eg. if you have a greatsword, strength will improve attack speed, if you have a falchion then dexterity will.

With bosses sometimes it makes more sense to just put on your lightest armour and evade them. In fact, in Demon Souls I always used the lightest armour possible because it's way better in these games to avoid getting hit entirely (and to have a good shield).
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote