View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #401
The Rogerer

The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Rogerer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think there's really deep, fundamental problems with the way you're looking at the relationship between creators, works and audience. I'm clocking out here, but that point is an empasse. I have to say it really doesn't make sense, especially when we are talking about commercially released, mass produced works. You're also inappropriately deifying creators when they are products of a culture that they are born of and shape themselves. Games are not Platonic Forms that are drawn out, they are every bit as subjective as these reviews. Of course unintended consequences are real and valid. Why on earth would you engage with an audience otherwise? You are practically saying that no one is allowed to disagree with an artists opinion. There's nothing magical about them.

Released games enter the culture. They are part of the culture, and therefore subject to it. They do this willingly. They are inviting our feelings and opinions. You don't get to cherry pick the good reactions and drop the bad.
The Rogerer is offline   Reply With Quote