View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:44 PM   #71
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's nice to see you're coming around to that viewpoint, Vito.

The other myth circulating around the internet I see way too much of is that Brock is lazy and can't work anymore. It's infuriating, haha. If you do everything you've got every week, suddenly it stops mattering. Everybody in the WWE wrestles the same match and I don't get how they expect the same content again and again, week in and week out, to elicit the same emotional spikes in people. When people kick out of the first pin attempt in a match because of something that was used as a finisher of someone else 15 years ago and they wrestler holds his head in disbelief at the resilience of this competitor, I just get baffled. How can anyone expect this to be end? What precedent do you have for that?

I, personally, got the feeling that the Nakamura magic is gone because they've got him in chinlocks rolling around the ring like he's Funaki every week. That Ziggler match was a mistake right out the gate. That being said, you might have a better broader philosophical point. I've heard good things about the match with Cena, Orton, etc. The ones that matter. The only ones that were meant to be good and tanked have been with Ziggler (and I do blame Ziggler for that) and Mahal (and Mahal fucking sucks).

I think they need to sort of clear the land a bit and remind some of their talent how to tell a unique story. A lot of the finises are rudimentary and obvious too. Talent fall into these holding patterns of things they think you do in wrestling now, but make them look stupid. The distraction finishes, for example. They should go back to booking the general flow of matches, and giving out finishes that are organic and natural. Right now it feels like they just give them the time, they all do the same match, then the finish is either "You go over clean with your finish," "you get distracted by music" or "Singh Brothers make you look dumb."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote