View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #69
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
One thing I have to give credit to Nakamura for is that he recognizes that sometimes less is more. He can ease it back and he'll still get the desired reaction. It's led to the perception in some circles of the internet that he's lazy and phoning it in, but I really don't think that's the truth. He's just smart enough to know he needs to pace himself with the WWE travel schedule what it is, and that it's dumb to kill himself in a 20 minute TV match nobody is going to remember the next week.

I actually feel bad for the guys and gals who go balls out on TV every week. As a viewer, I already know I don't have to pay attention to the first part of the match because I know nothing important will happen as they're just gonna get the match to ad break. Then they wrestle all through ad break, and maybe I'll start to pay attention once they're back from ad. So by this point they've been wrestling a good 10-12 minutes before I started to care, and then they often throw in a bunch of unnecessary dives and high spots for a match that isn't gonna mean anything.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote