View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #78
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Im not claiming theyre about to be overtaken but i would wager that if you didnt have rhe varies alternatives in place youd have a 3.5 every monday.

Wrestling fans will watch bad wrestling if its the only wrestling available to them.
Okay, I completely agree with your "people will eat shit if they are hungry enough" line. I maintain that is what is happening now though. If there were another wrestling show on at the same time, I think the WWE is very beatable. I mean, it takes a while for a "brand" to get recognition, etc. TNA tried in 2010 and failed pretty miserably. There is brand loyalty, familiarity, habit and all that sort of stuff to fight against too. But if I had the direct choice between "WWE" and "not WWE," I am choosing "not WWE."

I'm not sure if the people that dropped away from that 3.5 number are watching indies, basically. That is where we disagree. I think the people who are watching indies also just so happen to catch a tiny bit of RAW each week. Of course, this is just hypothesizing -- I've got no way of knowing this. WWE is not priority programming anymore though, and if you got the people who still watched to understand that there is something else on the other channel -- not so much that you need to sign up to this internet thing and get out the credit card, etc. -- things would be very different.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote