View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 04:32 AM   #180
The Condor
Re-Branded

The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)The Condor has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous Dale Newstead View Post
Well I don't know Condor. Not saying they will BE Hall and Nash, but keep in Mind Scott Hall came out and cut a promo during a Mike Enos match.

They came out with nice heat, you can only see where it goes from here. Hopefully at worst it's those two beasts squashing the Usos.
Showing up on RAW unannounced is where the comparison ends, though.

Hall and Nash were top guys for the competition. They were well known, and even if WCW fans didn't watch the WWF product chances are they remembered these guys from their runs a few years earlier. I would surmise that only maybe 20-25% of the RAW audience was aware of Anderson and Gallows in Japan. Therefore, vocal smarks are excited, but the overall audience isn't thinking "oh shit, this is a big deal," especially when a lot of guys have debuted in such a way the passed two decades.

Also, there really wasn't a proliferation of smarks and dirtsheets in 1996-- kayfabe was still alive and the entire ordeal came across as confusing, exciting, and legit. It had intrigue. This, taken for what it is so far, is not. It's two guys attacking a stale and flagging tag team from the crowd.

For the record, I am not saying that the club will fail or that this is off on the wrong foot at all. But the Outsiders were a big deal JUST for showing up and cutting promos, wreaking havoc, etc... and I think that 2 decades later, with a WWE monopoly, the meteoric impact of Nash and Hall is being severely undersold. The whatever they're going to name it Club could be the reincarnation of the NWO, but it's a hackeneyed comparison to make after their appearance on RAW. It is not industry or history changing, it is just introducing new characters in the universe at this point.
The Condor is offline   Reply With Quote