View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #312
Requiem

Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miotch View Post
I think you'll get more enjoyment out of the books and equal enjoyment out of the show if you read them first.

I'm nearly done with the 5th book.
Ya. I don't like that they have changed certain things. Some changes seem 'pointless'. But I still enjoy it because I know what SHOULD be happening at certain times when it isn't the same because I have read the books. Still, it is following really close. The books do suspense and character development so much better than any TV show could ever do. I enjoy the show in a 'different way' than the books, almost just as much, but the books just give a whole different spin on everything.

I don't regret reading the books before the show at all. The main reason is for the suspense/character development. Feel like I know the characters way better from reading the books than I would have if I just watched the show. For instance, the Theon Greyjoy/Winterfell thing had way more impact in the books. As things were unfolding with him, I was fucking pissed. Legit hated him because of the way the book did things. Was a really shocking and devious thing.

Dunno if it's cause I already knew it was gonna happen or what, but the show just didn't do it in a way that really made me loathe him at that deep of a level as in the books. Theon in the books had more of a 'presence' than the guy who plays him in the show maybe. You get to know more of his background and the Greyjoys in general, which maybe makes it easier to hate him that much in the books. You start to feel pity for him, and even like him as a character, and then he pulls a swerve and you just fucking hate him. Dunno.

Future spoilers -
SPOILER: show
Hope they keep the suspense up with the whole 'killing Bran/Ricken' thing. With other people having died, I didn't know what was going to happen to them. Just heard the 'news' across the continent that they had been killed and their heads were on spikes outside the wall, so I was like FUCK NO. Then later when you find out they pulled a fast one, was all YESSSSSS.

You're gonna have to wait like 7 years if you don't just read them now. Kinda doing yourself a disservice by waiting. Best to read them while it's still fresh in your mind, as they are really incredible books. The show is not bad by any means. Quite the opposite. But the books are just that much better than the show, that you would benefit from knowing some of the more intricate details and characters to be able to apply that to things happening in the show.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote