Thread: CM Punk
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 06:57 AM   #33
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Drew "stormed out" after the match, he was gone before Punk even came out. He did the same thing after losing at Summerslam. Seems it is all part of this slow burn heel turn.

I saw the video of Seth, that was comical, but also clearly a work. Seth has wanted to work with him going back to the Backstage show.

Oh Phil, somehow after everything he got what he wanted. I am most excited about Tiny Khan's meltdown over this than anything Punk may do, how crazy will Tony get if Cody and Punk each win World Titles at Mania?

I did pop for this tweet:

A few things I giggled over:

First and foremost, a meme pic of Punk looking right during his entrance, with a look at the moment of the screengrab that looked like "surprise", and being captioned "WHAT?! THERE'S ACTUALLY PEOPLE ON THE HARD CAMERA SIDE?!?". Then, it was followed by a commenter dubbing it "The Reverse Copeland".

Second, the Drew thing. You're telling me that after getting his first major push derailed because Vince got bored with him, getting relegated to "3MB" comedy fodder, being fired for "not wanting it", getting enough buzz on the indys to be re-hired, and having a long, slow build that unfortunately culminated in him getting his title run with nobody in attendance, that CM Punk would be a reason he leaves legitimately? Yeah, whatever. Pull the other one. We're not talking about Ausitn Aries, here. This would be the perfect cap to the whole broody moody "fuck everyone" heel tease he's been on lately. Drew can't be that dumb.

Speaking of that dumb... Ryback. Look, if you aren't planning on "retiring", stop teasing it and walking it back. It didn't work that time you got self-owned on a poll where the "fans" overwhelmingly voted for retirement, and then the whole "If Punk returns, I'll retire" reframed retroactively with "Oh, I meant in AEW. This doesn't count." Stop threatening people with a good time.

Also in the "that dumb" category... the above caption from Riddle. Because being a massive PR liability over repeated drug screen failures and spousal problems is "better" than merely having a personality conflict.

I agree with the sentiment around here about this hopefully leading Rollins to become "more serious" instead of the whole LSD Riddler tip he's on right now. Then again, it is kinda dumb to be this over the top with a conniption fit when he wasn't super bothered by the idea recently. It would be like after dropping the quote he did about liking the idea of having him help train in NXT, Shawn Michaels suddenly started throwing furninture when the music hit at Survior Series. Make it at least make some sense.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote