View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #113
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Do we know that Vince was super behind the cruiserweights? I could see it being something HHH was really behind, and vince merely approved it.

Also, I think TJP being the face of it to start out was a mistake. I love his work, and was pleasantly surprised by his victory, but that was all for the niche hardcore audience. The majority of fans watching raw want greay characters more than great wrestling, and unfortunately TJP showef about as much charisma as a can of tuna. Tozawa was more over just by making weird noises. I think Kendrick or gallagher would of been better choices, but instead the division was gimped from the start by putting the title on a guy that did nothing to ispire the mainstream audience to get behind him.
In terms of the CWC, that's pretty much how it went. Triple H was really behind the idea and Vince just gave his approval for costs. In terms of 205 Live, sheets have stated several times its been all Vince for hands-on approach and direction.

Biggest mistake with the CWC was having a championship be the grand prize instead of a trophy like with the Mae Young Classic. Could have still done the happy ending to TJP's life story with a trophy and crown a debut champion later with a more popular face star like Cedric Alexander. TJP's reign also came off as only happening because the other guys in the Final Four couldn't appear for the division's debut.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote