View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #273
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As for Stardust, Cody was definitely making the most of a shitty spot. Thing that intrigued me is not only him clearly being squandered, but this also being about the time that there was a lot of talk of Roman having all sorts of charisma and wit when he is just "allowed" to be himself at these kinds of functions instead of having scripts shoved in his face for TV. I'm not the biggest champion of Reigns, mostly *because* of WWE (sadly, that is also majorly why I dislike Baron and had a really tough time getting into Rusev). And those are the two we hear about. How many others are in the locker room being squandered because "they don't have *it*" in the eyes of Vince, Steph, or Hunter?

Someone like Jason Jordan has been trying to get pushed forever (NXT even since pre -American Alpha... he was singles, then he was partnered with Tye Dillinger, then singles again, then AA...) and every time, the announcers would spend half the match putting over his look and credentials and just wasn't getting over because there was nothing else to him. He had less character than Steamboat's kid. It took until now for something he could sink his teeth into and give him some sort of depth: a cocky kid who think's he's better than he is with big mouth and a quick temper. There's enough there to make me stop calling him Porkchop Jones because I actually remember his name. He might have had that there the whole time, but had this whole "interjecting himself into The Shield" opportunity didn't come about, he would likely still be yet another generic musclehead because creative had nothing for him.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote