Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #899
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Mets exercise their option on GM Sandy Alderson and are working on an extension. They're also gonna keep manager Terry Collins around.

We go live to Vito Cruz for his thoughts.
It's not surprising. This good finish to the year for the Mets (close to .500 and could finish in 2nd place) was always going to save this regime. Regardless I never thought Sandy was in much danger. His years of rebuilding the farm are starting to pay off as the Mets are loaded with pitching. They have 6 Major League starters right now with Harvey returning, plus Syndergaard, Montero, Matz, etc. all close. I'd bet at least one of Gee, Niese, or Colon are traded this offseason as none of them strike me as bullpen guys.

The hitting is still worrying because Sandy has zero money to spend this offseason. Wright and Granderson will take up 40% of next year's payroll, so they both need to bounce back in a big way. Murph was great this year but with only one year of team control left it wouldn't surprise me if he got dealt (possibly combined with a pitcher) in exchange for a left fielder.

Collins...mehhhhhhhhhhh. The team seems to like him and play hard for him but he tends to have a hard-on for veteran players especially early in the year. Plus he's 65, tough to picture him leading the Mets into the next decade or anything. I'd love Wally Backman but it's clear the Mets will never hire him as a big league manager.