View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #451
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
I'm curious on this, because I'm only passingly familiar with puro--more for a lack of time than anything else. I know some finishers, like the Rainmaker, get thrown around like crazy and aren't exactly an auto-pin--or at least that's the impression I'm under--which is what I assume you mean by "aren't magic.'" What's different about that than WWE spamming finishers?

Just legitimately curious what the subtleties are.
The dif is the audience. Here finishers are magic. You get hit and then you die for 3 seconds. The bell revives you and you live again. In puro the moves are just moves. Like a boxer having an effective left hook. He wins a lot of fights with it but he lands plenty along the way. Or maybe it only takes one. In puro he last move doesnt beat you, every move along the way beats you. The last move is just the last move.

One is steeped in fantasy, the other in reality.

Both are fine though, its all about what the audience buys into.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote