View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #226
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Now that it's over with, I gotta say I really loved doing trades like this instead of the arbitrary "random" draft. If you line the trades up side by side it's really not hard to see why most of them made sense from a kayfabe perspective.

Miz for Zayn: Bryan obviously hates Miz and would look for any excuse to get rid of him, there's every reason to expect he'd want Sami on his roster, and Sami's already annoyed Angle with his neurotic gimmick.

Ambrose for Owens: Bryan positioned this as more of a title for title swap since whoever wins the US Title match at Payback goes to SmackDown - guessing he just wanted to move Ambrose off because he and Corbin were killing each other and he knew he'd get back somebody good no matter what.

Alexa and Mickie for Charlotte: Angle's getting two for one value and Bryan's getting the one who has clearly been positioned as the best women's wrestler on the roster. Also he signed Tamina separately so no loss in headcount for the division.

Wyatt for New Day: It makes sense for a guy who just lost the WWE title a week ago to cost more than one person and allows Bryan to beef up a tag division that needs it.

Slater/Rhyno for Primo/Epico: Angle views it as a chance to bring in recent champions while Primo and Epico work a style Bryan prefers.

Crews/Kalisto for Rusev/Jinder: If you group these guys together I could see the logic. Angle's getting two really talented guys who were underutilized on SmackDown and who could feasibly team up, Bryan's getting a guy who is hurt but should be a beast when he's back, and Jinder who has improved and has a built-in feud with a SmackDown guy already.

Hawkins for Sin Cara: Hawkins has not won a match but Sin Cara doesn't even get booked, I just see this as a straight up change of scenery move.

Maryse for Lana: Just swapping spouses/managers for people that were already involved in other trades.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote