View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #65
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
SPOILER: show
firstly there is nothing saying snokes story is over. Death is a meanjngless aspect to force users. Cpuld easily have a both snoke and Luke tugginc at kylos thoughts.

However the death of snoke was great. I went into the film thinking he was unkillable due to the reasons youre angry over his death. So when he was killed i was surprised. It was bold written and got a real reaction from me. Its was a good call.

We do know more about him know than when we went into thanmwhen we went into the flim.

He is the otherside side of lukes coin the way rey is of kylo. Rey has implausible power with no training because the corce is trying to balance itself. According to snoke. So we can extrapolate that snoke is the same thing. They both introduce astral projection inside the same film to demonstrate this. And they both exit life together as well.

So we definitely learned a great deal that we didnt know all the while getting a good shock. Because going into this film i dont think anyone saw his death coming. instead we get the final film able to focus on the acfual villian of this story.
SPOILER: show

As I said, angry as I am about it, I'm not going to hold it against the film til we know for sure.

Now as for your second point, you're absolutely right, and that stuff alone would be fine if this were some other franchise, that doesn't have the rich history of Star Wars. But it isn't some other franchise. And you can't introduce a character to a series like this, whose very existence poses so many questions, and then just kill him off without answering any of them.

If snoke really is dead, most people who are fans of the lore of star wars are going to see it as a missed opportunity, because there is so much they could have done.

If all he is, is a plot device, then I think that's really fucking lame.

Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote