View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #52
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura View Post
A single storyline with Dixie would be ok. I wouldn't want her to be a long-term character the way Eric Bischoff was.
As long as she doesn't come as a package deal with her shitty "Dixie Land" theme, I'd be willing to reluctantly give this a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura View Post
That's a very good point.

Personally, my issue with TNA was never their pool of talent, it was how they booked them. TNA had a history of non-stop angles about "the business" or flat-out copying something WWE had already done...but doing it way shittier.
... except for the few times where they did things way better than WWE, but then managed to fuck it up anyway with dropped stories, ill-advised swerves, and other random direction changes.

As a side note, I wonder if certain things are a matter of wording and semantics. What I mean is, say Dixie is brought in and TNA is brought up, would it be because TNA basically doesn't exist anymore? It is essentially a non-entity, and at the same time, a sizable non-entity. AJ Styles and Bobby Roode can be former TNA heavyweight champs. Guys like Sting and Christian no longer have huge years' long omissions from their histories if the recent Angle doc is any indication. And then there is this flirtation with re-breaking the Hardys...

Seriously wouldn't be surprised if Vince somehow purchased TNA. Not the company formerly known as or tape libraries or anything like that, mind you, just the IP of "Total Nonstop Action", and we get some TNA logo shirts and legal wrangling of what can and can't be said and used out of the deal.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote