View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:23 AM   #24
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Picked this up and played it for a few hours. Major change of pace for tne series, as the game starts on the world map, albeit small portions that you unlock tjrough progression. Also, the tone is very laid back, as the events of Kingsglaive havn't happened at the beginning of the game, which is a big contrast to the shit immediately hitting tne fan from the outset like past Final Fantasys.

But it works, and I've really enjoyed my time with it so far. Noctis and his friends are pretty much jrpg/anime cliches, but they're likeable, well executed cliches, if that makes sense. I only worry that they're the only party members you get, as the menus don't make it look like there's room for more, and the theme of the story is about tne bond between these guys. That would be disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker.

The car stuff is alright I guess. It's basically just on rails, and you control acceleration, and which roads to turn on. You can't go offroad or anything. That's alright though. The car is actually there for story and character purposes anyway. Pretty sweet you get old FF soundtracks for the radio.

I'm really liking the combat. It takes a little getting used to, especially against multiple foes, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's kind of a mixture of stylish action and tactical rpg. It's pretty fun.

I haven't even really dug into tne main story yet. Mostly just been exploring, and hunting monsters, but I'll come back here when I've made more of an advancement.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote