View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #39
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Getting close to overkill at this point. I know they're about to be swimming in cash Scrooge McDuck style pretty soon, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

You got/had the Super Rumble in Saudi Arabia.

The special happening in Australia in a few weeks.

Might as well swing for the fences and just resurrect Taboo Tuesday, Cyber Sunday, or one of the other gimmick PPVs.
Give it time.

My suspicion is that it has more to do with the petty shit of trying to lock up more than one venue to drive out any "competition" from holding events anywhere close to piggyback off of WrestleMania weekend. Makes business sense on the surface until you realize nothing can actually touch WWE, and them trying to hoard shit like dragon gold is what's going to make things backfire eventually.

The simplest solution would be to just focus on putting out a superior product instead of trying to stop other companies from making inroads or shutting down outlying conventions . Coasting by on your brand name only lasts as far as the brand name being synonymous with trusted greatness, and they're eroding that by themselves.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote