View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
PS4 exclusive 'Detroit' is a flawed depiction of race in America

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/24/...an-ps4-review/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo finance
Detroit: Become Human begins with a warning: "This is not a story, this is our future." Writer-director David Cage's follow-up to Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls weaves a tale about robots attempting to transcend their programming. But rather being a thoughtful, philosophical examination of consciousness, Detroit, instead, is a tone-deaf look at race.

[...]

If your playthrough is similar to mine, you may find yourself looking over an android internment camp set up at Hart Plaza. It's supposed to evoke the way Asian Americans were collected and isolated during World War II because Americans were afraid that Japan was going to stage an attack from within.

It's one of many race-fueled blemishes on American history that Cage is content to portray. However, he fails at offering any sort of meaningful commentary on it and other events because pushing the envelope too far and having an opinion might offend someone. The result is a game that leans on historical imagery instead of fresh ideas and nuance.
I agree the main point of games should not be 'Let's make this fun' but 'Let's make a statement'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus View Post
I've been sad all day thinking about how Biggie never got to play Ocarina of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
The WWE should let Ambrose and Rollins do a safe amount of steroids. They could come out of that process looking like a million bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
I do not have to take this from someone with that kind of top 10 recommended YouTube suggestions.

Last edited by Big Vic; 05-24-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: bolded
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote