View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #111
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Nothing that anyone is fond of, yet it continues to happen and the GG movement directly correlates with every doxxing that has occurred on the few journalists in the recent months/weeks. There is no concrete way to prove that GG activists are or aren't responsible for said doxxing (which is not what I am saying), other than "we don't condone it". Glad that everyone is honest and we can take them at their word. However, if the GG "movement" never occurred, the doxxing of said individuals never would have either.
That last part I can agree with. All of this as certainly given trolls a vast playing field.

The underlined portions of your post will pertain to later responses in this one.

Quote:
Again, because most people are selfish and care only of their interests. Glenn Beck draws the ire of many, but it is because of his show that his camera man has his job. The Chick Fil A boycott involved many consumers flooding stores. That must have hurt their bottom line
So you generally don't agree with getting advertisers to back off? Okay, that's cool.

Quote:
Does not condone does not mean does not occur. In addition, they are a byproduct of the GG movement, like it or not.
Nobody says they don't condone it to infer it doesn't occur. Nobody's saying it doesn't happen. I don't get what you're getting at aside from 'It's all your fault' - which is something I can never reply to. What would you have us do? Stop the consumer/readership concerns of the movement so the byproduct harassment can stop? How many other groups and movements would you want to completely stop because of the actions of bad apples within those movements/groups?

Quote:
Perhaps I should have said "FPS" - as hardcore as you are in gaming, you feel the need to be pedantic.
So I would ask my question again but replace CoD with FPS Community.

Quote:
No, it doesn't bother me in the least. Doing harm to those who have zero involvement bothers me. Whether by proxy or not, it is a shitty consequence that was not thought about until too late.
We have no control over people taking advantage of the situation. None at all.

Quote:
Never said it was below the belt. It is rather sloppy though which will produce unintended results when not properly executed, as in this entire scenario.
Sloppy? We contacted PR firms via email and Twitter. What is the 'clean' way of doing that if simple emails are 'sloppy'?

Quote:
I have yet to see any collateral damage imposed on the gamer community.
That's fine. If you like I can PM you a list of GamerGate supporters who have been dox'd or generally harassed. I don't think this would change your mind about that, but later on I could give you that gamer collateral damage if you don't think it happened.

A female YouTuber was one of the first to get doxxed and she made a video about the matter. We can start with that if you like. And @Nero, a journalist who is sympathetic to GG, had a syringe sent to his house.

Quote:
Never assumed that. To take your stance however: "the journos do not condone that activity". And to be real about it, neither side can prove anything, but will continue to feed the trolls.
Remember the underlined portion above?

It seems to be that you're willing to carry the idea of journalists and indy game devs being doxxed and harassed, enough for this to be a main point of yours, while gamers getting trolled the same way is met with grains of salt. Only after I speak about gamers getting this treatment did you consider how hard it is to prove anything. Hell, you technically didn't see any journalists and devs get doxed either. Everybody's word against everybody's! Who's lying who's wrong?!

If you're at a place where you just want it to stop, I get that. But as you said it probably won't stop. The unfortunate trolling will continue on both sides until we root out the assholes (which is a more likely unilateral victory than journalists simply apologizing and not calling us ISIS).

Quote:
"Trolls aside" - that is a troll right there. Anyone that actually pays attention to this entire situation knows that. Yet here you are, to bring an obvious troll/troll attempt into the fray.
That troll is a game developer. And most of her side make tweets just like that. So they're all trolls?
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote