View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #45
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poit View Post
Where in the goals of Gamergate are tasks such as flooding research surveys with harassing responses?
It's lovely that you'd cite Jezebel of all of Gawker's sites. Part of Gawker's narrative is absolutely to spin anything and everything into 'GamerGate is evils'. But sure, let's look at this article.

Quote:
My name is Jennifer Allaway. I'm a social researcher whose primary body of work consists of a study I did in 2013 on the prevalence of sexism in the game industry, and how it impacts game content. Since then I've been working on a new study on the importance of diversity in game content to game players, and whether or not the game industry is able to predict this desire

Game developers can be hard to reach for data collection, so a few different organizations have been passing around links to help me collect data for this study. By September 25th, I basically had all the data I needed.
She's going to have to do better than 'a few organizations gave her links'. And as for her email:

Who targeted her project? She's saying it's GG, sure, but I don't recall any calls to target what sounds like a fairly unknown and secretive project of hers. How would any of us know about this, and then organize a disruption - into the "tens of thousands of entries" - and then how did this guy know? Did he catch a call to arms on Twitter? A GG thread? Perhaps a private GG thread that he 'infiltrated'?

You linked to an article from a biased site that itself links to nothing but study that reveals no intimate scale, that was warned from some guy based on whispers in the wind. But let's move on.

Quote:
I went into 8chan—the movement's current and primary forum for coordinating their efforts...
lol no. Any and call call to arms (that are usually email campaigns to advertisers) are almost exclusively done on twitter; publicly and issued by anybody who thinks they have a good idea to contact companies. 8chan did get a rise in users after 4chan started closing GG threads left and right (see my post on Moot's involvement), but it is hardly a base of operations. But let's move on with her sleuthing:

Quote:
...And found a discussion on a "secret developer survey," referring to my questions. It was getting passed around, accumulating criticisms and promises to respond. Within it I found the following comment, which confirmed my suspicions about what "vote brigading" meant.

Quote:
In under four hours, the developer survey jumped from around 700 responses, which had been collected over the course of a month, to over 1100 responses. The responses were not nearly as subtle as the anonymous poster above urged. They ranged in their degree of racism and misogyny, but they all all ridiculed the project with dishonest mockery. It appeared that less than 5 percent of the new responses had actually come from developers.
Sounds pretty bad. This discussion (un-linked, of course) had something against her work and appeared to have struck. But there's no GG connection other than her erroneous belief that 8chan is our base. Her findings end right there. We have nothing but her word that GG organized this from 8chan. The word of a Gawker writer, who writes specifically on Gawker's most liberal social justice blog. Compare her standards of evidence to my big post a page ago when you questioned me about GamerGate.

Quote:
I realized just how much I'd internalized the presumed process: if you're even asking about equality or diversity in games, being shouted down in a traumatizing manner is now a mandatory step that you have to sit back and endure.
And now comes the thesis of the piece. Most anti-GG articles go like this: "I hate GG wanna know why, look what I found, see what I mean, aren't they evil guys, we must stop GG."

Consider that right now their message is about how they tried to have a conversation and got shut down, but out in the open they do everything in their power not to have a public conversation. I mean, what would GG even have to gain shutting down her study? Perhaps the rest of the 8chan thread could light context- OH WAIT.

Quote:
#Gamergate, as we know it now, is a hate group.
They know nothing but what they wanna know. Charities, game jams, calling out bullies, and helping to root out who dox'd and harassed Anita and Brianna - Never happened, we're a hate group. The rest of her article spins the history of our side to align with a study of how hate groups form and operate, which is a-whole-nother debate.

She ends on that note because how do we feel about hate groups? The nazis, KKKs, and Westboro's of the country? We dismiss them. We ignore them if possible. Don't look at them, they're evil. The difference is none of those groups waste time presenting themselves as anything other than what they are.

What, strategically speaking, do we have to gain talking about journalistic integrity and ending gamer shaming but the trying to scare writers out of the office? For what? What tactical mojo did we use to get the women and minorities we apparently hate to side with us? I just linked an interview that featured women on our side. How did we do that? Who do we hate, exactly?

Off the article, let's get back to your post.

Quote:
What is a smear embargo?
It's just me combining article embargos and Silver Media's smear campaign against us. The multiple sites under this PR group released anti-gamer articles inside of two days, much like the lifting of preview embargoes on these same sites.

Quote:
If Gamergate supposedly has such a "positive message", why is it associated with so much harassment, threats, and so forth?
That article you posted? That sort of thing is all the mainstream public knows about GamerGate. We have had next to no representation in media. A few smaller blogs and an interview here and there, but that's versus near daily anti-GG pieces by much better organized and funded companies. We were completely misrepresented on CNN for fuck sake.

Quote:
Why do you not believe Totilo? What did Quinn do that was wrong?
1) I never said I didn't believe him. My last post about him mused about how him seeing nothing wrong with his writer's actions is probably his actual feelings on the matter. He seems like a nice guy with questionable workers.

2) Zoe Quinn:
- Had two affairs that very likely assisted her career and standing with games media.
- Shut down a game jam that aimed to get women to create games.
- Fabricated harassment in attempt to vilify a site called Wizardchan.
- And generally speaking; cheated on her bf five times. Really now?

Quote:
So, wait, I'm confused. There's no confirmation of corruption, but you're going after these sites anyway?
There's a difference between being unethical and flat out corruption. If it was the latter, authorities would be involved (the Fez/Indy awards thing came close).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
Haha what a surprise Kalyx is a GGer. It attracts robotic sociopathic idiot babies who think they're amazing.
This post highlights one of the points I've been speaking of in this thread. I have done nothing but reply questions and tell my perspective this whole thread. And there are no prior clashes between me and Rogerer on this forum. I'll leave it at that.

If anybody has questions or want me to elaborate on past answers I'll do my best.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote