View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #150
Corporate CockSnogger

Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Michael Bluth kind of hit rock bottom in this season... he has lost his drive and focus (the Bluth Company) and his family has fallen apart. Even his relationship with his son is down the tubes.

I think the next season/movie needs to be about Michael stepping up again to be the core that holds them all together.
I actually don't think Michael was written much differently between this season and the old episodes. He's always been a bit of an oblivious loser with a superiority complex, which was always justified because the rest of the family were always much bigger train wrecks than him. When the family aren't there for the character to bounce off of, it seems kind of sad and makes him a little less likeable. Also with such a long story arc, there was never really that moment of realisation Michael would normally get where he'd go on to fix his mistakes of the episode, so again in the end he kind of just seems like a bit f a dickhead.

I think Michael was still one of the best of this season, and one of the few characters strong enough to actually hold his own in a long solo episode, but was just the victim a bit again of the cast situation.
Corporate CockSnogger is offline   Reply With Quote