View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #35374
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Some other names I thought about:

Apollo Crews: He's got the Titus Brand stuff going on, but how important does the company see it? And the reason he's in that situation is because they're clearly worried about his personality.

Big Show: Not as an official release, as I think he'll be in that same class with Kane and Mark Henry, where if they're ever in Tampa they'll give him a buzz and get him to come out and Chokeslam someone. Or if they ever need filler for a Royal Rumble. He'll probably get offered a much smaller contract to not go anywhere else and still appear in video games and such.

Bo Dallas: Before this Miztourage thing, I had him in mind as a guy they'd cut to go and get more experience elsewhere and find a gimmick that "clicks." They clearly like him, but what's he really getting from being there? And what are they really getting from him? That being said, he has a role now. But that could be changed very soon, with Miz being frustrated and firing him and Axel and his boys.

Cesaro: He's a champ at the moment, so I doubt it would come right away, but I can feel them being exhausted with him. Like Luke Harper, with fewer guys on the roster, I can see them finding more cause to do things with him when things are tightened, but I wouldn't be astonished to hear about a quick switch of the tag belts and that Sheamus turned on him and now he's gone. The Cody Rhodes/Hardcore Holly thing.

Curt Hawkins: He's there to lose to people, which is fine, but it's a role they don't really "need." When cutting costs, that sort of role could be filled by a local each week. They've let him go once. It's clear he's not going to be a star. It could just be his time.

Curtis Axel: I'd keep him around, because I think he's a funny enhancement guy, but there's a definite ceiling on the guy. That being said, he's got the role now, but if they're trimming down, you can just imagine Vince McMahon seeing his name and saying "That guy still works for us?"

Darren Young: I don't know if he's been medically cleared yet, but they've tried a lot with him and none of it has worked. It wouldn't shocked me if he didn't go, because he's got all those PR things they love, but I can see that also frustrating Vince, and in a big pack is the way to let him go.

Enzo Amore: He's pissed people off backstage and they seem "done" with him. They might keep him because he's a good talker, but if they're cutting what they perceive as fat, they might feel it better to not have him around at all so people stop asking "Why are you doing this to Enzo?" This will be the Damien Sandow firing, if it happens.

Goldust: Like the Rhyno situation, as a veteran who is probably there for cheap and being a leader, it wouldn't be shocking if he stays, but when you're cutting costs and you've already played this Goldust nostalgia thing out to minimum noise, it might just be a respectful "let's just use you on special occasions for stuff like the Dusty Rhodes Classic, etc."

Kalisto: This one would shock me a bit, because there's clearly a place for him, but they're not putting him there, and what they've tried with him just hasn't worked. But they don't hae much Hispanic representation. It's a weird situation. I'm leaning towards him staying, but I wouldn't gasp.

Anderson & Gallows: Don't really expect this one, but given that Vince thought he would be getting two stars from Japan, and what he's gotten are two guys who are basically exhausted opponents, I can imagine him having a bit of buyer's remorse. I think it would be bad for morale, because apparently they are well-liked, but all firings are. This would be one of the bigger ones, and people would be upset and whinge about tag teams, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

R-Truth: The veteran tap. He's annoying to me, but he's good at doing the fun stuff at house shows, I guess. They might want to do something with him in a more cleared up roster, but he falls into that Goldust and Rhyno category for me.

Titus O'Neil: They seem to love him, but everything he just doesn't work. They have seemed to acknowledge that by taking him out of the ring, but no one really takes the role seriously. I think he's one of the more unlikely ones, especially given that feel-good stuff he does, but when cutting the costs, he seems like one of the least detrimental cuts to the entire roster.

Cruiserweights: None of them would surprise me. They represent a lot of cultures and that sort of thing, but beyond Neville, who is really important to them? Who has worked? Jack Gallagher, maybe, but you can't run with that forever (they might try though). I can see Kendrick becoming an agent or trainer, but I could see his talent contract being terminated. Even Akira Tozawa wouldn't shock me. Have they even used Metalik? Will they once this current crop of guys are gone? Are they paid enough for Vince to care to fire them? None would shock either way.

Aiden English: I like English and I think he fills a good role. I could see him being paired with Elias Samson down the track. But if things are as dire as the company makes out, and they clearly have no serious intention of doing anything with him, I can see him being a cut of the glut, so to speak.

James Ellsworth: This one would be somewhat surprising, since they've plugged him into all these storylines, but it's like the Colin Delaney thing. Vince gets over these acts, and they definitely have a shelf life. Deep down, he probably knows how lucky he is to get as far as he has.

The Ascension: No offense to these guys, but I'm surprised they have lasted as long as they have.

Tye Dillinger: They brought him up, it hasn't worked, they gave it a shot, "we like you, pal, but it's just not the right time for us." I am tempted to put an act like Mike Kanellis in here, but it's too soon for even Vince to cut bait with that. Dillinger is new on the main roster, but he's had over a decade long relationship with WWE, and it's only gotten ironically noticeable very recently.

Zack Ryder: I struggle with this one. You'd think they'd have released him years ago, but he always manages to survive. He hosts a YouTube show or something for them apparently. I thought "Man, they won't cut him because he's doing that thing," but maybe they want to cut the show? Does it make them money though? But what do you even do with the guy? He's not good enough to warrant much. I see him staying, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is only one Hype Bro left and they don't even get to the heel turn.

Becky Lynch: I'm half-joking with this one. But they clearly don't have any intention to use her. Kevin Dunn hates her voice. She's actually had quite a few clunkers, despite being "good." Maybe they offer her a training position or agent role, but I could also see her being one of those people they just feel better off not having around if they are trying to push other talent, because they feel she's too distracting, or whatever. This would be the most heart-breaking one, but there are usually a few that do get people upset.

Tamina: Okay, yes, they need women, but Tamina has been their AGES and it has never meant a thing. They've got Nia now. They could get other girls from this tournament. I wouldn't relish in her losing her job, but there's only so many times she can be the bodyguard before it just runs it course and proves ineffective. I felt like she might have been going before the trial with her father stuff came up, but then you don't really want to put her firing in the news. Then there was a brand split and there was this practical reason to try something with her. It might just be another case of exhausting the options.

JBL: Okay, this one won't happen unless JBL wants a holiday, but with Renee Young working both shows and Corey Graves already being there for the 205 Live stuff, I could see them cutting down on their slew of announcers. They probably should have gotten rid of him during the bullying thing, which they didn't handle well. Vince loves him, but looking at things pragmatically, do you really NEED him announcing your shows? I imagine he probably gets paid more than some of the active talent too.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote