View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #520
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR View Post
Just so we're clear...GTA:S.A. released in 2004. However...the in-game setting was 1992. Thus with GTA V being set in modern-day Los Santos and surrounding areas, there would be a 20-year difference between the game's time settings, which is why he would have aged so much.
We were talking about Niko, though.

Niko was in GTA IV, not SA.

GTA IV was a recent title, set in a modern, contemporary world.

Thus, assuming it's a "modern day" GTA, V will not take place too far away from IV, in terms of time period.

On the other hand, it's still stupid to say he couldn't have aged that much, because people who live hard lives look the part. And since GTA was "Realistic" in IV (i.e. sluggish and gritty but in no way actually realistic), they could have done the "realistic" (Sluggish and gritty) thing and made him age 90 years in a couple of real years.

Not that I actually think it's Niko. I wouldn't mind him being impoverished and on the streets, though.

Especially if he's a character I can slowly torture for being even more cardboardy than that hobo sign he's sporting.

Or as Fan Gerl would call him, "The most realistic character ever."

That's because Fan Gerl also has the personality of an Amazon.com box.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote