View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #314
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Luke Skywalker

SPOILER: show
Really really curious to find out what his "deal" is. I got serious "Kingdom Come Superman" vibes from him. Things didn't go the way he wanted, something bad happened, and he went into exile and abandoned everybody.

You would think, though, that "feeling" six planets being blown up (or however many it was), or Han Solo dying, would have been "enough" to "shake him out of it" and bring him back. Superman only needed Kansas to blow up.

So yeah, very curious as to his motivations and actions..... And very frustrated at having to wait two years for any sort of answers.
SPOILER: show
I wouldn't worry about Han's impalement from Marilyn Manson and subsequent tumble. He'll be back in the next movie as Solo the White!

Seriously, though. Vibe I got from him in the movie was like the cyclops from Krull, who could see into the future to where and when he dies. Kind got it ever since he was talking about how he didn't believe in the Force, but knows it's real now. Why else would he choose right then to go see his son and draw attention to themselves when they had a clear shot of escaping? Kylo's ability to focus his power is already pretty inconsistent, as he could tell they were on the planet, but not when he was 50 feet away. They could have set the charges and been on their merry. It was like Han was there to die.

As far as Luke's deal, maybe it isn't super sinister or even swervy as everything seems to suggest. Maybe they're going to play the guilt/burdened angle straight, and he exiled himself from everything and everyone because he really feels like the galaxy is better off. I mean, EVERYBODY is looking for the guy. And Leia and Han "went back tomwhat they weregood at" at an emotional rough patch, imagine multiplying that by virtually everyone.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote